OFBiz Ant Control Task

Lon F. Binder-2
Has anyone written ant tasks that control (start/stop/restart, etc.)
ofbiz?

Re: OFBiz Ant Control Task

David E Jones-2

I don't know that ant is the best tool for this... but I suppose it could be done as pretty much any command line can be run with ant...

It would depend on your OS and deployment goals and such, but have you looked at the rc.ofbiz file that is in the ofbiz home directory?

-David

Lon Binder wrote:
> Has anyone written ant tasks that control (start/stop/restart, etc.)
> ofbiz?

Re: OFBiz Ant Control Task

Charles Johnson-2

Lon Binder wrote:

>Has anyone written ant tasks that control (start/stop/restart, etc.)
>ofbiz?

Should be fairly trivial - just a matter of executing ofbiz.jar classes

CJ

Re: OFBiz Ant Control Task

Sujit-2

I m trying to do the same thing .I used <java jar="(path to ofbiz.jar)">. Whenever I run the build.xml file it shows me the notorious ClassNotFoundException. Here's the output on my Konsole:
[java] Set OFBIZ_HOME to - /home/sjoshi/dev/in2m
     [java] Created OFBiz log dir [/home/sjoshi/dev/in2m/framework/logs]
     [java] Admin socket not configured; set to port 0
     [java] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.ofbiz.base.container.ContainerLoader
     [java]     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
     [java]     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
     [java]     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
     [java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
     [java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
     [java]     at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.initStartLoaders(Start.java:246)
     [java]     at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.init(Start.java:87)
     [java]     at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.main(Start.java:403)
     [java] Java Result: 99

Surprisingly there is no such class file  there. But when I run the startofbiz.sh script it starts ofbiz. What I found out after digging this script is that it too uses ofbiz.jar . Isnt that strange??