[OFBiz] Dev - Re:Manufacturing Question

Gan Chun Yee
Hi Jacopo,
I tried your way and now it did generate the
Requirements. Anyway, what is the Inventory Event
Planned do?

However, I noticed the Require Start Date (9 Sept
2005) is earlier than my Created Date Time (13 Sept
2005), which means the required before date is 14 Sept
2005. Is this normal?

So now I have approved the Requirement and it is shown
in Requirements page under Order Management. My
question is how can i generate a purpose order from
the requirements?

Thank you.

Regards,
Gan

Message: 5
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 07:28:01 +0200
From: Jacopo Cappellato <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Re: Manufacturing Question
To: OFBiz Project Development Discussion
<[hidden email]>

Hi Gan,

Gan Chun Yee wrote:
> Hi Jacopo,
> please get me right, is MRP you mentioned on the
other
> thread different from Run Production Run? All the
> while I am running my Production Run and it issued
the
> material stock out. I noticed the inventory QOH
> decreased. Before I run the production, the
inventory
> for my material stock is above minumum stock level,
> but when after I run the production, the new
material
> stock shows it reaches minimum stock level. So
doesnt
> it means to create Requirement automatically? Or
> should i use the Run MRP function?
> If yes, how and
> when should I use that? before Production Run? or
> after Production Run?

Yes, you should run the MRP function BEFORE starting
the Production
Run.
So the MRP will see that there is a scheduled
production run that will
cause the QOH to decrease under minimum stock and so
it will generate a
requirement for materials.

Let me know if it is not,

Jacopo

> Hope that my question is clear to you.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Gan

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Re:Manufacturing Question

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Gan,

Gan Chun Yee wrote:
> Hi Jacopo,
> I tried your way and now it did generate the
> Requirements. Anyway, what is the Inventory Event
> Planned do?

They are created and used by the MRP process: you can consider them a
log of the MRP process (useful to understand how requirements were created).

> However, I noticed the Require Start Date (9 Sept
> 2005) is earlier than my Created Date Time (13 Sept
> 2005), which means the required before date is 14 Sept
> 2005. Is this normal?

MRP takes into account the lead time needed to get the product from the
supplier... probably in your example, it's too late to create a purchase
order.

> So now I have approved the Requirement and it is shown
> in Requirements page under Order Management. My
> question is how can i generate a purpose order from
> the requirements?

Go in the Order -> Order Entry page and init a purchase order; then, in
the left column, you'll see a link ("Requirements") that you can use to
add the requirements to the order.

Jacopo