[OFBiz] Dev - Utility for transforming services results to XML

[OFBiz] Dev - Utility for transforming services results to XML

Brett
Does anyone know if there is an ofbiz utility for transforming the
results of a service (i.e. a Map) to an XML object.  I'm working on
some Laszlo UI widgets that require XML to do the data binding.

I was going to start implementing this but thought I would ask if this
has already been done.

Thanks,

Brett

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Utility for transforming services results to XML

David E. Jones

What would the structure look like? I guess it could be somewhat
similar to the Entity Engine, but more complex because it is not a
"flat" Map and could contain slightly more complicated things like
Lists of Maps and such.

There is some related stuff in the Service Def to WSDL and the send/
receive SOAP call code, but it may be a little too Axis specific to
be reused for generic XML...

-David

On Nov 22, 2005, at 6:07 PM, Brett Palmer wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is an ofbiz utility for transforming the
> results of a service (i.e. a Map) to an XML object.  I'm working on
> some Laszlo UI widgets that require XML to do the data binding.
>
> I was going to start implementing this but thought I would ask if this
> has already been done.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brett

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Utility for transforming services results to XML

Brett
Yes, the structure could get complicated but most of the services I am
considering for Laszlo components would just return a list of generic
values with status values from the service.

I'll look at the WSDL stuff and see if there is something I can use.

Thanks for the information.

Brett

On 11/22/05, David E. Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What would the structure look like? I guess it could be somewhat
> similar to the Entity Engine, but more complex because it is not a
> "flat" Map and could contain slightly more complicated things like
> Lists of Maps and such.
>
> There is some related stuff in the Service Def to WSDL and the send/
> receive SOAP call code, but it may be a little too Axis specific to
> be reused for generic XML...
>
> -David
>

> On Nov 22, 2005, at 6:07 PM, Brett Palmer wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if there is an ofbiz utility for transforming the
> > results of a service (i.e. a Map) to an XML object.  I'm working on
> > some Laszlo UI widgets that require XML to do the data binding.
> >
> > I was going to start implementing this but thought I would ask if this
> > has already been done.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Brett

RE: [OFBiz] Dev - Utility for transforming services results to XML

Ryan Warnick
I don't know of anything built into Ofbiz, but we've used XStream and JiBX
to handle XML serialization when we've needed it.  XStream is nice because
it easy to get up and using it quickly as it has default serializers and
deserializers for common Java objects like maps and lists.  If you want
something a little different, then you have to take full control of the
serialization/deserialization process, which XStream makes possible by
allowing you to plug in your own serializers/deserializers.  JiBX takes a
little longer to get set up, but it offers you more control over the
serialization/deserialization process through a configuration file.  JiBX is
also faster.  In my opinion, JiBX would be the ideal solution if it were
given a few more enhancements.

Ryan

Thanks for the information.  I will have to take a look at XString and JiBX.

Brett

On 11/27/05, Ryan Warnick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know of anything built into Ofbiz, but we've used XStream and JiBX
> to handle XML serialization when we've needed it.  XStream is nice because
> it easy to get up and using it quickly as it has default serializers and
> deserializers for common Java objects like maps and lists.  If you want
> something a little different, then you have to take full control of the
> serialization/deserialization process, which XStream makes possible by
> allowing you to plug in your own serializers/deserializers.  JiBX takes a
> little longer to get set up, but it offers you more control over the
> serialization/deserialization process through a configuration file.  JiBX is
> also faster.  In my opinion, JiBX would be the ideal solution if it were
> given a few more enhancements.
>
> Ryan

Andrew Zeneski
What about the standard service context serialization code we have
which is used for persisting a service context to the database? It is
all XML based.

Andy