[OFBiz] Dev - calculateProductPrice

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi all,

I have a question about the way product prices are computed (in the
"calculateProductPrice" service).

Why price rules are only triggered if the product has a list price set?

I'm asking this because I'd like to set for all the products the
'average cost' price and then obtain a sales price thru price rules.

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - calculateProductPrice

David E. Jones

The product price calculation stuff is based on the List Price, ie it
starts with that and then the actions in the rules that are applied
modify that starting point. So, if there is no List Price no
calculation will be attempted.

We decided to do it this way since modification based on the List
Price seemed the most common use case, also most products will have
some sort of List Price, and it is used when displaying product
summary and detail pages to show how much of a discount a customer is
receiving (if the actual is lower than the list of course).

To do cost based pricing just have an action that modifies the price
by "-100% of List Price", and then whatever percentage, perhaps 130%
of average cost to charge a 30% premium over cost.

This may already be in the online documentation, but I'll send it
over to Les to make sure it is in.

-David