[OFBiz] Dev - TaxAuthorityRateType

David Garrett
The entity TaxAuthorityRateType has a row for USE_TAX presumably for usage/consumption.

Is there any thought to change this to VAT_TAX which is possibly a more familiar term?

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - TaxAuthorityRateType

Si Chen-2
David,

In the US sales and use tax can refer to two different taxes and be
applicable to different products at different rates.  That's why we have
both SALES_TAX and USE_TAX right now.  I don't think there's outright
support for use tax right now, but I think if you need a separate
support for VAT_TAX, it's probably better to add it another tax rate type.

Si

David Garrett wrote:

> The entity TaxAuthorityRateType has a row for USE_TAX presumably for
> usage/consumption.
>
> Is there any thought to change this to VAT_TAX which is possibly a
> more familiar term?

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - TaxAuthorityRateType

David E. Jones

The plan right now is to manage VAT style taxes as a variation of
sales tax. It is really just a sales tax, it is just communicated to
the customer differently, and to make things fun different tax
authorities want you to do different things with different types of
customers and in the various parts of the quote and sales and
invoicing processes.

To handle those variations there are flags and other information on
the TaxAuthority entity.

The TaxAuthorityRateType concept leaves the structures open for other
very different types of taxes, like income taxes or capital gains
taxes and that sort of thing.

-David