[OFBiz] Dev - data based permissions

Alexandre Gomes-8
Hello Ofbiz community,

I need to give viewing permission to a page using data based permission not
funcionality based permission.
For instance instead of the following code :

<if-has-permission action="_VIEW"  permission="PARTYMGR"/>

I would like to have something like :

<if-has-permission action="_VIEW"  permission="PARTYMGR" entity="Party" role="member"/>

Does anyone have any sugestion?

Thank you,
Alexandre Gomes

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - data based permissions

David E. Jones

Alexandre,

What would this do:

<if-has-permission action="_VIEW"  permission="PARTYMGR"
entity="Party" role="member"/>

when you say role="member" do you mean that the PartyRole entity
should be considered somehow?

Usually data-level (as opposed to functionality level) security is
handled through some sort of chain of entities, preferably
represented by a view entity, that must have record(s) in place that
link to user to whatever is being accessed. There are example of this
for the Product and ProductCategory administration in the Catalog
Manager (see the ProductServices.xml file).

-David

On Sep 8, 2005, at 11:11 AM, Alexandre Gomes wrote:

> Hello Ofbiz community,
>
> I need to give viewing permission to a page using data based
> permission not
> funcionality based permission.
> For instance instead of the following code :
>
> <if-has-permission action="_VIEW"  permission="PARTYMGR"/>
>
> I would like to have something like :
>
> <if-has-permission action="_VIEW"  permission="PARTYMGR"
> entity="Party" role="member"/>
>
> Does anyone have any sugestion?
>

> Thank you,
> Alexandre Gomes

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - data based permissions

Alexandre Gomes-8
David,

Thank you for your reply.
It's amazing to see your energy even working tottaly over-booked.

I'll study the Catalog Stuff as you recommended.

What I  meant with this:

 <if-has-permission action="_VIEW"  permission="PARTYMGR"
entity="Party" entity-value-id="1000" party-role="member"/>

was to give access to the data row with id '1000' in the 'Party' table to which the logged in user
has a relationship in the role of 'member'.
This way we could catch the Id in the screen widget and allow (or not allow)
the user to view the data based on its relationship with it.

(if this doesn't make sense to you it's probably because it's a bad idea),

Alex