OFBiz-Opentaps

>Is it possible to customize the template of the ecommerce section of the software. If so what files do I need to search in?
The templating of ecommerce is mostly based on the couple BeanShell/FreeMarker (BSH/FTL extensions).

Also, I may be interested in hiring someone to help me with this if it gets too complicated and also with the POS integration if
needed. Anyone on the board familiar with opentaps that is available can email me for more details.

As an official contributor to OFBiz, I may help you on this topics. My hourly rate is 50€/hours. Nevertheless don't hesitate for
simple questions like the one above to send me a mail. Though in this case the best way is perhaps to use not only sourceForge
forums but also OFBiz users ML : [hidden email]. Thus you will have a more complete help from more people and
quicker (they is almost always at least one person willing to help at the moment you send the mail)

Kind regards

Jacques Le Roux
Chemin de la Mouline
34560 Poussan - France
Tél. [33] 4 67 51 19 38
Mob. [33] 6 11 79 50 28

Re: OFBiz-Opentaps

Sorry All,

This message was not intended to go to users ML. I just don't know how I did it, :(perhaps the very "clever" tool I use - outlook
express :( - did it alone ? arg)

My apologies

Jacques

> >Is it possible to customize the template of the ecommerce section of the software. If so what files do I need to search in?
> The templating of ecommerce is mostly based on the couple BeanShell/FreeMarker (BSH/FTL extensions).
>
> Also, I may be interested in hiring someone to help me with this if it gets too complicated and also with the POS integration if
> needed. Anyone on the board familiar with opentaps that is available can email me for more details.
>
> As an official contributor to OFBiz, I may help you on this topics. My hourly rate is 50€/hours. Nevertheless don't hesitate for
> simple questions like the one above to send me a mail. Though in this case the best way is perhaps to use not only sourceForge
> forums but also OFBiz users ML : [hidden email]. Thus you will have a more complete help from more people and
> quicker (they is almost always at least one person willing to help at the moment you send the mail)
>
> Kind regards
>
> Jacques Le Roux
> Chemin de la Mouline
> 34560 Poussan - France
> Tél. [33] 4 67 51 19 38
> Mob. [33] 6 11 79 50 28

Re: OFBiz-Opentaps

Actually I realise now that it's my laziness that another time caught me.
I used the CC fields to generate quickly (automatic filling up) the OFBiz users ML adress but forgot to delete the generated adress.

So I have not to blame Outlook Express it's my bad.

Sorry again to annoy everybody with so dumb messages (ok it's finish, shuuu... relax)

Jacques

> Sorry All,
>
> This message was not intended to go to users ML. I just don't know how I did it, :(perhaps the very "clever" tool I use - outlook
> express :( - did it alone ? arg)
>
> My apologies
>
> Jacques

ProductionRun generation

marceloh
Hi all,
How can I generate several production runs for the products I need to
produce? I readed that Shipment plans could be used, but I don't plan to
enter sales orders in OFBIZ. Should I create "not real" sales orders with
the products I want to produce?

Regards
Marcelo

Re: ProductionRun generation

Ricardo Chavez
Hi Marcelo.
If I'm not wrong, you can associate the products you need to produce to a
facility, specifying a minimum stock, and then run an MRP on that facility.
If the current stock for your products in that facility is below the
minimum, the MRP will create requirements for producing or purchasing those
products. Then go to Manufacturing > Approve Requirements, mark the
checkboxes corresponding to the recently created requirements (they all are
of type 'ProductionRun proposed by the MRP process') and click on 'Submit
Button' (strange name, I know :)). This will create the production runs,
which will have a name like 'MRP_<MRP name>'
Hope this helps.
Regards,

-- Ricardo Chavez

On 9/28/06, Marcelo Hamra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> How can I generate several production runs for the products I need to
> produce? I readed that Shipment plans could be used, but I don't plan to
> enter sales orders in OFBIZ. Should I create "not real" sales orders with
> the products I want to produce?
>
> Regards
> Marcelo

Re: ProductionRun generation

Ricardo, Marcelo,

from your recent posts I've noticed that you are interested in the OFBiz
manufacturing component and that is great.
I know that many of its features are not so easy to discover and setup and
I'd love to help you with more comments in this list, but unfortunately
I'm actually under the pressure of a huge workload... I hope to help more
in the next few weeks.
What Ricardo says is mostly correct: however in the very recent svn
version the 'ProductionRun proposed by the MRP process' has been removed
(odd name, I agree) and now the two relevant requirements types are:

"product" requirements: requirements for purchase orders
"internal" requirements: requirements for production runs

These requirements are the ones created by the MRP process but can also
manually created and edited.
So, if Marcelo wants to implement a simple way of creating many production
runs with one click (without configuring the system to run the MRP) he
could also create (SQL or text file import etc...) the records in the
Requirement entity (requirementTypeId = "INTERNAL_REQUIREMENT",
requirementStartDate, facilityID, productId, quantity,
statusId="REQ_CREATED") and then go to the Order->Requirements->Approve
requirements screen and bulk approve them (as suggested by Ricardo).

Hope this helps,

Jacopo

Ricardo Chavez wrote:

> Hi Marcelo.
> If I'm not wrong, you can associate the products you need to produce to a
> facility, specifying a minimum stock, and then run an MRP on that facility.
> If the current stock for your products in that facility is below the
> minimum, the MRP will create requirements for producing or purchasing those
> products. Then go to Manufacturing > Approve Requirements, mark the
> checkboxes corresponding to the recently created requirements (they all are
> of type 'ProductionRun proposed by the MRP process') and click on 'Submit
> Button' (strange name, I know :)). This will create the production runs,
> which will have a name like 'MRP_<MRP name>'
> Hope this helps.
> Regards,
>
> -- Ricardo Chavez
>
> On 9/28/06, Marcelo Hamra <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> How can I generate several production runs for the products I need to
>> produce? I readed that Shipment plans could be used, but I don't plan to
>> enter sales orders in OFBIZ. Should I create "not real" sales orders with
>> the products I want to produce?
>>
>> Regards
>> Marcelo

Re: ProductionRun generation

marceloh
Ricardo,
I've associated minimum stock and reorder requirements for the products on a
facility and runned MRP. I see no Manufacturing > Approve Requirements on
the screen. I've been taking a look at the runMrp service and I saw that
there are events created on inventoryEventPlanned entity. What could be the
problem?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Marcelo

>From: "Ricardo Chavez" <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: ProductionRun generation
>Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:49:47 -0500
>
>Hi Marcelo.
>If I'm not wrong, you can associate the products you need to produce to a
>facility, specifying a minimum stock, and then run an MRP on that facility.
>If the current stock for your products in that facility is below the
>minimum, the MRP will create requirements for producing or purchasing those
>products. Then go to Manufacturing > Approve Requirements, mark the
>checkboxes corresponding to the recently created requirements (they all are
>of type 'ProductionRun proposed by the MRP process') and click on 'Submit
>Button' (strange name, I know :)). This will create the production runs,
>which will have a name like 'MRP_<MRP name>'
>Hope this helps.
>Regards,
>
>-- Ricardo Chavez
>
>On 9/28/06, Marcelo Hamra <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>Hi all,
>>How can I generate several production runs for the products I need to
>>produce? I readed that Shipment plans could be used, but I don't plan to
>>enter sales orders in OFBIZ. Should I create "not real" sales orders with
>>the products I want to produce?
>>
>>Regards
>>Marcelo

Re: ProductionRun generation

Scott Gray
Hi Marcelo

I had a look in the code and it seems that only products with orders
against them are included in the mrp run.  I think that needs to be
fixed but I still don't see the point of the mrp run anyway, I think
requirements should be processed automatically whenever something
changes on an inventory item.

Regards
Scott

Marcelo Hamra wrote:

> Ricardo,
> I've associated minimum stock and reorder requirements for the
> products on a facility and runned MRP. I see no Manufacturing >
> Approve Requirements on the screen. I've been taking a look at the
> runMrp service and I saw that there are events created on
> inventoryEventPlanned entity. What could be the problem?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards
> Marcelo
>

>> From: "Ricardo Chavez" <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: ProductionRun generation
>> Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:49:47 -0500
>>
>> Hi Marcelo.
>> If I'm not wrong, you can associate the products you need to produce
>> to a
>> facility, specifying a minimum stock, and then run an MRP on that
>> facility.
>> If the current stock for your products in that facility is below the
>> minimum, the MRP will create requirements for producing or purchasing
>> those
>> products. Then go to Manufacturing > Approve Requirements, mark the
>> checkboxes corresponding to the recently created requirements (they
>> all are
>> of type 'ProductionRun proposed by the MRP process') and click on
>> 'Submit
>> Button' (strange name, I know :)). This will create the production runs,
>> which will have a name like 'MRP_<MRP name>'
>> Hope this helps.
>> Regards,
>>
>> -- Ricardo Chavez
>>
>> On 9/28/06, Marcelo Hamra <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> How can I generate several production runs for the products I need to
>>> produce? I readed that Shipment plans could be used, but I don't
>>> plan to
>>> enter sales orders in OFBIZ. Should I create "not real" sales orders
>>> with
>>> the products I want to produce?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Marcelo

Re: ProductionRun generation

Ricardo Chavez
Marcelo,
It's weird that there isn't an 'Approve Requirements' link on the
Manufacturing Manager screen. The generated requremets can be seen anyway in
the Order Manager, in the Requirements screen. You have to select
'ProductionRun proposed by the MRP process' from the OrderRequirementTypeId
field for the generated requirements to show up once you click 'Lookup'
(leaving all the fields blank won't show anything). If all went well, the
requirements generated by the MRP should show up here.
Hope this solves your problem
Regards,

-- Ricardo Chavez

On 9/29/06, Marcelo Hamra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ricardo,
> I've associated minimum stock and reorder requirements for the products on
> facility and runned MRP. I see no Manufacturing > Approve Requirements on
> the screen. I've been taking a look at the runMrp service and I saw that
> there are events created on inventoryEventPlanned entity. What could be
> the
> problem?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards
> Marcelo
>

> >From: "Ricardo Chavez" <[hidden email]>
> >To: [hidden email]
> >Subject: Re: ProductionRun generation
> >Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:49:47 -0500
> >
> >Hi Marcelo.
> >If I'm not wrong, you can associate the products you need to produce to a
> >facility, specifying a minimum stock, and then run an MRP on that
> facility.
> >If the current stock for your products in that facility is below the
> >minimum, the MRP will create requirements for producing or purchasing
> those
> >products. Then go to Manufacturing > Approve Requirements, mark the
> >checkboxes corresponding to the recently created requirements (they all
> are
> >of type 'ProductionRun proposed by the MRP process') and click on 'Submit
> >Button' (strange name, I know :)). This will create the production runs,
> >which will have a name like 'MRP_<MRP name>'
> >Hope this helps.
> >Regards,
> >
> >-- Ricardo Chavez
> >
> >On 9/28/06, Marcelo Hamra <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >>Hi all,
> >>How can I generate several production runs for the products I need to
> >>produce? I readed that Shipment plans could be used, but I don't plan to
> >>enter sales orders in OFBIZ. Should I create "not real" sales orders
> with
> >>the products I want to produce?
> >>
> >>Regards
> >>Marcelo

Re: ProductionRun generation

marceloh
Ricardo,
in that screen the only "requirement type id" options I see are:

- customer requirement
- internal requirement
- product requirement
- work requirement

why?

thanks for your help.
Marcelo

>From: "Ricardo Chavez" <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: ProductionRun generation
>Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:53:19 -0500
>
>Marcelo,
>It's weird that there isn't an 'Approve Requirements' link on the
>Manufacturing Manager screen. The generated requremets can be seen anyway
>in
>the Order Manager, in the Requirements screen. You have to select
>'ProductionRun proposed by the MRP process' from the OrderRequirementTypeId
>field for the generated requirements to show up once you click 'Lookup'
>(leaving all the fields blank won't show anything). If all went well, the
>requirements generated by the MRP should show up here.
>Hope this solves your problem
>Regards,
>
>-- Ricardo Chavez
>
>On 9/29/06, Marcelo Hamra <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>Ricardo,
>>I've associated minimum stock and reorder requirements for the products on
>>facility and runned MRP. I see no Manufacturing > Approve Requirements on
>>the screen. I've been taking a look at the runMrp service and I saw that
>>there are events created on inventoryEventPlanned entity. What could be
>>the
>>problem?
>>
>>Thanks for your help.
>>
>>Regards
>>Marcelo
>>

>> >From: "Ricardo Chavez" <[hidden email]>
>> >To: [hidden email]
>> >Subject: Re: ProductionRun generation
>> >Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:49:47 -0500
>> >
>> >Hi Marcelo.
>> >If I'm not wrong, you can associate the products you need to produce to
>> >facility, specifying a minimum stock, and then run an MRP on that
>>facility.
>> >If the current stock for your products in that facility is below the
>> >minimum, the MRP will create requirements for producing or purchasing
>>those
>> >products. Then go to Manufacturing > Approve Requirements, mark the
>> >checkboxes corresponding to the recently created requirements (they all
>>are
>> >of type 'ProductionRun proposed by the MRP process') and click on
>>'Submit
>> >Button' (strange name, I know :)). This will create the production runs,
>> >which will have a name like 'MRP_<MRP name>'
>> >Hope this helps.
>> >Regards,
>> >
>> >-- Ricardo Chavez

>>with

Re: ProductionRun generation

marceloh
Scott,
So You say that the way to generate productionRuns if I not sell products is
making transfers from a facility to another for example? This would change
the stock and would make productionRuns be generated.

Thanks
Marcelo

>From: Scott Gray <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: ProductionRun generation
>Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 07:41:44 +1200
>
>Hi Marcelo
>
>I had a look in the code and it seems that only products with orders
>against them are included in the mrp run.  I think that needs to be fixed
>but I still don't see the point of the mrp run anyway, I think requirements
>should be processed automatically whenever something changes on an
>inventory item.
>
>Regards
>Scott
>
>Marcelo Hamra wrote:
>>Ricardo,
>>I've associated minimum stock and reorder requirements for the products on
>>a facility and runned MRP. I see no Manufacturing > Approve Requirements
>>on the screen. I've been taking a look at the runMrp service and I saw
>>that there are events created on inventoryEventPlanned entity. What could
>>be the problem?
>>
>>Thanks for your help.
>>
>>Regards
>>Marcelo
>>

>>>From: "Ricardo Chavez" <[hidden email]>
>>>To: [hidden email]
>>>Subject: Re: ProductionRun generation
>>>Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:49:47 -0500
>>>
>>>Hi Marcelo.
>>>If I'm not wrong, you can associate the products you need to produce to a
>>>facility, specifying a minimum stock, and then run an MRP on that
>>>facility.
>>>If the current stock for your products in that facility is below the
>>>minimum, the MRP will create requirements for producing or purchasing
>>>those
>>>products. Then go to Manufacturing > Approve Requirements, mark the
>>>checkboxes corresponding to the recently created requirements (they all
>>>are
>>>of type 'ProductionRun proposed by the MRP process') and click on 'Submit
>>>Button' (strange name, I know :)). This will create the production runs,
>>>which will have a name like 'MRP_<MRP name>'
>>>Hope this helps.
>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>-- Ricardo Chavez

Re: ProductionRun generation

Scott Gray
The easiest to create way to production runs manually is to use the
JobShop -> Create Production Run link.  If your not managing inventory
or orders using ofbiz there won't be much you can do that will be easier
than this. What are you trying to achieve?

Regards
Scott

Marcelo Hamra wrote:

> Scott,
> So You say that the way to generate productionRuns if I not sell
> products is making transfers from a facility to another for example?
> This would change the stock and would make productionRuns be generated.
>
> Thanks
> Marcelo
>
>> From: Scott Gray <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: ProductionRun generation
>> Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 07:41:44 +1200
>>
>> Hi Marcelo
>>
>> I had a look in the code and it seems that only products with orders
>> against them are included in the mrp run.  I think that needs to be
>> fixed but I still don't see the point of the mrp run anyway, I think
>> requirements should be processed automatically whenever something
>> changes on an inventory item.
>>
>> Regards
>> Scott
>>
>> Marcelo Hamra wrote:
>>> Ricardo,
>>> I've associated minimum stock and reorder requirements for the
>>> products on a facility and runned MRP. I see no Manufacturing >
>>> Approve Requirements on the screen. I've been taking a look at the
>>> runMrp service and I saw that there are events created on
>>> inventoryEventPlanned entity. What could be the problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Marcelo

Re: ProductionRun generation

marceloh
Scott,
I intend to manage inventory only, not sales in OFBIZ. What I want is to let
the user enter the amount of marketing package products he wants to produce,
obtain the amount of raw materials that He needs to purchase, and generate
the production runs of the products to be manufactured.

I need to keep inventory of: final products and raw materials. Marketing
Package inventory would be calculated from final products that compose the
marketing package. Final Products once produced are shipped to another
warehouse.

Regards,
Marcelo

>From: Scott Gray <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: ProductionRun generation
>Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:17:29 +1200
>
>The easiest to create way to production runs manually is to use the JobShop
>-> Create Production Run link.  If your not managing inventory or orders
>using ofbiz there won't be much you can do that will be easier than this.
>What are you trying to achieve?
>
>Regards
>Scott
>
>Marcelo Hamra wrote:
>>Scott,
>>So You say that the way to generate productionRuns if I not sell products
>>is making transfers from a facility to another for example? This would
>>change the stock and would make productionRuns be generated.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Marcelo
>>
>>>From: Scott Gray <[hidden email]>
>>>To: [hidden email]
>>>Subject: Re: ProductionRun generation
>>>Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 07:41:44 +1200
>>>
>>>Hi Marcelo
>>>
>>>I had a look in the code and it seems that only products with orders
>>>against them are included in the mrp run.  I think that needs to be fixed
>>>but I still don't see the point of the mrp run anyway, I think
>>>requirements should be processed automatically whenever something changes
>>>on an inventory item.
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>Scott

Re: ProductionRun generation

marceloh
Jacopo,
when I run MRP, no requirements are generated. I'll try to take a look at
the code to figure out why those requirements are not created. I will also
try to generate those requirements manually and approve them in order to
have a try on that functionality.

By the way, I've generated a new issue on JIRA and uploaded a patch to
findInventoryEventPlan.bsh.

Thanks
Marcelo

> [...]
>those
> > products. Then go to Manufacturing > Approve Requirements, mark the
> > checkboxes corresponding to the recently created requirements (they all
>are
> > of type 'ProductionRun proposed by the MRP process') and click on
>'Submit
> > Button' (strange name, I know :)). This will create the production runs,
> > which will have a name like 'MRP_<MRP name>'
> > Hope this helps.
> > Regards,
> >
> > -- Ricardo Chavez
> >
> > On 9/28/06, Marcelo Hamra <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >> How can I generate several production runs for the products I need to
> >> produce? I readed that Shipment plans could be used, but I don't plan
> >> enter sales orders in OFBIZ. Should I create "not real" sales orders

sorry for the delay
If you only see those requirement types, then you must have a recent (i.e.
an SVN or weekly build) version, in which, as Jacopo mentioned, the
requirement type I told you to look for has been removed and replaced by the
internal requirement; that would be the requirement type you must look for.
(Maybe there's a reason I'm not aware of: corrections are welcome)
Hope this is helpful