[OFBiz] Users - AJAX for Ofbiz

Rohit Rai
I have these links regarding AJAX discussion on The Server Side. Thought you people would like to check out.

Do keep this talk alive, so that we can reach a decision regarding the Lib to be used. Andrew, Jacques if you people have started some work on this or finalized some plan please let me know.

Regards,
Rohit

Re: [OFBiz] Users - AJAX for Ofbiz

Andrew Sykes
Rohit,

Thanks for your continued research on this.

I think we may be getting ahead of ourselves discussing specific
technologies, perhaps the questions we really need to answer are...

1/ How would OFBiz actually benefit from adopting one of these
technologies? Obviously, we all understand the generic advantages of
AJAX, but what doesn't work adequately at the moment?

2/ How could we create a 'proof of concept' for this? Obviously we'd
need to show something pretty compelling to add another level of
complexity.

I look forward to your reply...
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - AJAX for Ofbiz

Joachim Müller
IMHO AJAX should only be used for the backend screens. The user front
end must work without any javascript code. Otherwise the product is not
usable for gorvernment applications (accessibility, barrier free
websites). This should be fixed also in the current version.

Rgds.

Joachim

Andrew Sykes schrieb:

> Rohit,
>
> Thanks for your continued research on this.
>
> I think we may be getting ahead of ourselves discussing specific
> technologies, perhaps the questions we really need to answer are...
>
> 1/ How would OFBiz actually benefit from adopting one of these
> technologies? Obviously, we all understand the generic advantages of
> AJAX, but what doesn't work adequately at the moment?
>
> 2/ How could we create a 'proof of concept' for this? Obviously we'd
> need to show something pretty compelling to add another level of
> complexity.
>
> I look forward to your reply...

Re: [OFBiz] Users - AJAX for Ofbiz

Matt Penner
The OCJUG (Orange County Java User's Group in Southern California) has
their meeting tomorrow night.  The presenter will be giving a discussion
on AJAX and possibly comparing it with other similar technologies such as
Lazslo.

I'll any significant results from the meeting.

For anyone in the area who would like to attend, you can find out more
about the event at www.ocjug.org.

Matt