[OFBiz] Users - Binding to different IP addresses or domain names

[OFBiz] Users - Binding to different IP addresses or domain names

David E. Jones

For running multiple instances of OFBiz on a single server has anyone
figured out how to have JOTM bind to port 1099 on a specific IP
address or domain name so that multiple instances can run with the
same ports but different IP addresses?

Right now it is possible and not too difficult to use a different set
of ports for each running instance, but it is perhaps easier to
maintain if the standard ports can be used, just bound to different
IP addresses. This seems to work fine with Tomcat when you specify an
IP address or domain for each service to bind to, but it doesn't
appear to be working with JOTM. So far all I've tried is changing the
following line in the jrmp.properites (or iiop.properties) file:

carol.jrmp.url=rmi://128.0.0.123:1099

as opposed to:

carol.jrmp.url=rmi://128.0.0.1:1099

Changing the port there does seem to get it mounted on a different
port just fine, but changing the IP address or putting in a local
domain name doesn't seem to do the trick...

Has anyone had a need for this or made any progress on it?

[OFBiz] Users - EECA

Andrew Sykes
Has anyone used an EECA to transform data? i.e. to actually manipulate
the data between the persistant store and the application layer

For example transforming all data from a field to uppercase.

Is there any examples of this? Can anyone offer any advice?

The ECA stuff is rather sparsely documented.

Kind Regards.
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

RE: [OFBiz] Users - Binding to different IP addresses or domain names

Mike Baschky
Hi David,
        We haven't run multiple instances with JOTM but we have run
multiple of instances on the same box. We actually had to make changes
to more than one file so everything would play well. We had to modify
jindi.properties, jndiservices.xml and the ofbiz-componentload.xml in
the base/config directory. For our environment - the server had two hard
ips assigned, os - suse linux, and our ofbiz was/is V3.0. Again I know
this is not JOTM.

Mike

RE: [OFBiz] Users - Binding to different IP addresses or domain names

Mike Baschky
Hi Again David,
        Sorry it was ofbiz-containers.xml not ofbiz-componentload.xml.

Mike