[OFBiz] Users - CSR Useability

Fred Forester
CSR Useability

Hi All,

Not sure if I can ask these kinds of questions here. if not feel free to slap me.

I am curious to know if any users of ofbiz have a Customer Service Department using the OfBiz backend.

a few replies would be sufficient.

Thanx
Fred Forester

Re: [OFBiz] Users - CSR Useability

David E. Jones

Fred,

There are a number of companies using the OFBiz back end applications
in their customer service department, especially in the retail sector
where they are also using it for their commerce operations.

The area of customer service is a pretty big one though, so this may
not mean much for your company, ie it depends on what you do. The
customer service people in different companies have dramatically
different needs sometimes.

There is some new stuff going in for more general customer service
including management of communications, requests (includes issues,
cases, request for information, request for quotes, etc), quotes,
work efforts (tasks, events, projects, etc), orders, returns and so
on. Much of this is already in place and being enhanced right now,
other things are being added.

-David

On Aug 9, 2005, at 2:27 PM, Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Not sure if I can ask these kinds of questions here. if not feel
> free to slap me.
>
> I am curious to know if any users of ofbiz have a Customer Service
> Department using the OfBiz backend.
>
> a few replies would be sufficient.
>
> Thanx
> Fred Forester

Re: [OFBiz] Users - CSR Useability

Brett
We have implemented a support tool in ofbiz to help our support
department manage customer accounts.  The application is very specific
to our application and is not opened sourced.  We also use the common
ofbiz applications like partymgr and ordermgr to help with out
customers.

Brett