[OFBiz] Users - DBCP connection error - postgresql settings problem?

[OFBiz] Users - DBCP connection error - postgresql settings problem?

Si Chen-2
Hi there -

I remember at Craig's talk at the conference we talked about defining
enough connections in postgresql.conf and in the entity engine XML
file.  So, if I get this error "Error getting datasource via DBCP" is
that because I didn't define enough connections in postgresql.conf or
didn't define enough connections in entityengine.xml?

Thanks!

Si

2005-08-12 15:21:20,628 [DBCPConnectionFactory.java:102:ERROR]
---- runtime exception report
Error getting datasource via DBCP.
Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
Message: null
---- stack trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:771)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:95)
org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.DBCPConnectionFactory.getConnection(DBCPConnectionFactory.java:69)
org.ofbiz.entity.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.tryGenericConnectionSources(ConnectionFactory.java:71)
org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.JNDIFactory.getConnection(JNDIFactory.java:158)
org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.TransactionFactory.getConnection(TransactionFactory.java:105)
org.ofbiz.entity.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:53)
org.ofbiz.entity.jdbc.SQLProcessor.getConnection(SQLProcessor.java:262)
org.ofbiz.entity.jdbc.SQLProcessor.prepareStatement(SQLProcessor.java:362)
org.ofbiz.entity.datasource.GenericDAO.selectListIteratorByCondition(GenericDAO.java:808)

Re: [OFBiz] Users - DBCP connection error - postgresql settings problem?

David E. Jones

Si,

This may have been from older code. It used to try falling back to
use other connection sources, but doesn't any more for this reason.
For more comments see the ConnectionFactory.java file, around line 78.

-David