[OFBiz] Users - Debug and Run in Eclipse

[OFBiz] Users - Debug and Run in Eclipse

Lee Parayno
Hello All,

I've been looking at using OFBiz for a project I'm working on.  I've downloaded both the binary and a snapshot from svn.

In the binary version, several components are compiled and grouped under base, etc.  as well as configuration found in different places.  Running this is straight forward using the .bat or .sh file for Windows or Unix, but I cannot debug in this manner.

In the snapshot from svn, I can't figure out how to build the project or compile it in a way to get it to run in Eclipse.

Ideally I would want to know a way to run the code from svn, and to run it inside Eclipse, so that I can also contribute any changes I make back to the community.  How have others dealt with this situation?

Lee Parayno

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Debug and Run in Eclipse

David E. Jones

Use external debugging. Just start OFBiz with the ofbiz.jar file
(using a modified startup script if you'd like) and then attach to it
from Eclipse after it's running. You can run it from Eclipse
internally, but you have a LOT of work to setting up the classpath
and such...

-David

On Nov 25, 2005, at 5:02 PM, Lee Parayno wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I've been looking at using OFBiz for a project I'm working on.
> I've downloaded both the binary and a snapshot from svn.
>
> In the binary version, several components are compiled and grouped
> under base, etc.  as well as configuration found in different
> places.  Running this is straight forward using the .bat or .sh
> file for Windows or Unix, but I cannot debug in this manner.
>
> In the snapshot from svn, I can't figure out how to build the
> project or compile it in a way to get it to run in Eclipse.
>
> Ideally I would want to know a way to run the code from svn, and to
> run it inside Eclipse, so that I can also contribute any changes I
> make back to the community.  How have others dealt with this
> situation?
>
> Lee Parayno

RE: [OFBiz] Users - Debug and Run in Eclipse

Firas A.-2
There's a very good tutorial by Si Chen on this subject:

http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/ofbiz_eclipse.php

</Firas>