[OFBiz] Users - Separate Framework

cjhowe
I think he was referring to framework has a dependency
on party.  And then party has a dependency on product.

===============David Jones wrote:

There is a better approach to this than adding the
applications back
one at a time and that is to trace down the data
dependencies and do
something about them. There shouldn't be any
references to Party or
Product in the framework (a Party slipping in I could
imagine, but
Product doesn't make much sense). This is the bulk of
the technical
work that needs to be done for the framework
separation, ie tracing
down dependencies.

-David

On Nov 25, 2005, at 7:56 AM, Andreas Schmidt wrote:

> the new project i'm working on, doesn't need ofbiz'
applications
> and i just wanted to use the framework part of it.
>
> so i'm tring to separate the framework from ofbiz.
>
> as a first step, i just all subfolders of
applications, added a new
> folder myapp, modified build.xml and
component-load.xml, and called
> ant run-install.
>
> build runs fine, but installation failed. i received
an error message:

>      [java] Exception:
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericModelException
>      [java] Message: Could not find definition for
entity name Party

> so tried to re-added the party-application, but now
i receive

>      [java] Exception:
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericModelException
>      [java] Message: Could not find definition for
entity name Product

> so it seem's, that the framework's entitymodels
aren't completly
> contained in the framework. before re-adding other
applications
> step by step, i think it's time to ask other about
the right way.

> any hints how to continue?
>
> thanks in advance,
>   andi
>
> btw: i would really like to support this task of
separating the
> framework from the rest, as soon as we've finally
decided to use
> ofbiz for the project to come (some other technical
requirements
> have to be fulfilled before)
>
> David E. Jones schrieb:
>> This is something I'd like to do, or see done, and
over the first
>> few  months of this year a fair amount of progress
was made on
>> this but as  thing get more busy it is simply not
something I can
>> afford to work on.
>> The things that need to be done (if anyone is
interested in
>> helping...) are mostly centered around testing the
framework
>> part,  which is basically everything in OFBiz
exempt the
>> "applications"  directory. We have isolated a lot
of stuff, but I
>> suspect there is  still more.
>> That is mostly it for the technical part, but there
is also a lot
>> to  do (probably various weeks of work) in putting
together
>> marketing  materials and training materials and
such. We will
>> probably split the  ofbiz.org site into 2 sections
with one
>> focused on the framework and  another focused on
the applications
>> (or the business level/side more  generally).
>> For training materials and documentation there is
also quite a bit
>> of  work to do that I think _must_ be done or the
marketing effort
>> will  be a waste and we will alienate more
potential users than
>> attract.  The highest priority here is some sort of
a "technical
>> tour" that  goes over the architecture and tools in
the framework
>> and shows how  they all fit together. This would be
based on the
>> "example" component  and the artifact reference
diagram in the
>> quick reference book. There  is a link to an image
of this diagram
>> on the Undersun Store page for  the quick reference
book at:

http://www.undersunconsulting.com/ecommerce/control/product/

>> ~category_id=USC_PROMO/~product_id=RBPLATFORM
>> I'd also like to see other documentation written to
cover things
>> like  containers, components, and the various
widgets all in the
>> same style  as the current Entity Engine Guide,
Service Engine
>> Guide, and various  others on the current Docs &
Books page.
>> -David
>> On Nov 15, 2005, at 12:07 PM, Andrew Sykes wrote:
>>> David,
>>>
>>> Just a quick enquiry about the idea of separating
the framework/
>>> webtools
>>> and distributing as a separate release, I've been
asked whether
>>> this is
>>> still on the agenda and as I don't know I thought
you could

http://www.team-konzept.de/pgp/andreas_schmidt.asc
> http://www.team-konzept.de
>
> Team-Konzept Informationstechnologien GmbH & Co. KG
> Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg HRA 27562
> Geschäftsführende Komplementärin:
> Team-Konzept Informationstechnologien
Beteiligungs-GmbH