[OFBiz] Users - Donations for Accountinng

[OFBiz] Users - Donations for Accountinng

dkey
I would like to donate monies to the accounting project but I have a few
questions. Is there a minimum amount for donation? I know that the blog
mentioned certain amounts but I can only contribute 100.00 U.S. at this
time but will contribute more after (hopefully my last PHP project) pays
off. Question two: where do I go to do this?

I would also like to comment on something that Si Chen mentioned in the
training videos available for free hosted by Contegix. In the first video
Si Chen mentioned the astronomical cost of SAP products and proprietary
solutions in general, I can definitely back him up on this one. I recently
went to a company called Greybar to puchase supplies for an install, some
of you may be familiar with this company, that aside, as I was being
waited on I asked what type of POS / Invenventory system they used.  The
sales rep replied (with contempt for the system) SAP! I enquired about
many things relating to the system including the price. The price tag was
a staggering 125 MILLION DOLLARS! for the 36 U.S. locations. I then asked
him what was the deal maker which pushed them to buy SAP over any other
solution and his answer was simply REPORTING FUNCTIONALITY and he went on
about the many different reports available in real-time to the higher ups
allowing them to adjust their business practices according to data
retrieved by the system.

The whole point of this e-mail?
Si motioned that there are plenty of opportunities for open source
enterprise applications like OfBiz I definitely believe that as well and
apparently it seems a lot of money too and it also appears that the bean
counters really love reports.

Sorry for the mini novel but I thought it may be an interesting experience
to share.

Dale

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Donations for Accountinng

Si Chen-2
If you'd like to make a donation, follow the link at the bottom of this
page:
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/accounting.php

There is no minimum amount of donation.  For $3,000 or more, we'll give
you a license to start using it right away.  I will also track it for
you so that if you make several donations over time, we can give you the
access once the sum exceeds $3,000.

Thanks for your pint about the open source enterprise software.  This is
exactly what we're working at.  It's an interesting point you make about
reports: I've noticed that as well: companies typically ask about
security and then reports.  I hope over time we can really address the
need for reports in open source general and in OFBiz in particular.

Si