[OFBiz] Users - ECA

Charles Johnson-2
Can someone please tell me what ECa means, as in 'ECA services'?

CJ

Re: [OFBiz] Users - ECA

Andrew Zeneski
Event - Condition - Action

On a specific event (during the life-cycle of a service) when the
conditions are true, run the associated action(s) (other services).

On Nov 20, 2005, at 10:30 AM, Charles Johnson wrote:

> Can someone please tell me what ECa means, as in 'ECA services'?
>
> CJ

Re: [OFBiz] Users - ECA

Charles Johnson-2
Thanks Andy. So, taking the following extract from
/applications/content/servicedef/secas.xml

     <eca service="sendMail" event="commit">
        <condition field-name="partyId" operator="is-not-empty"/>
        <action service="storeEmailAsCommunication" mode="sync"/>
    </eca>

do I read it correctly?

"When the 'sendMail' service is executed, on the commit event (not sure
how that's defined), if the partyId is present, execute the action
(synonym for service here?) 'storeEmailAsCommunication' synchronously"

CJ

A. Zeneski wrote:

> Event - Condition - Action
>
> On a specific event (during the life-cycle of a service) when the
> conditions are true, run the associated action(s) (other services).
>
> On Nov 20, 2005, at 10:30 AM, Charles Johnson wrote:
>
>> Can someone please tell me what ECa means, as in 'ECA services'?
>>
>> CJ

Re: [OFBiz] Users - ECA

Ian Gilbert
Event, Condition, Action.

This means that actions are performed in response to events provided that
certain conditions hold true.

In Ofbiz we set these up as services using the service engine.  For more
information see http://www.ofbiz.org/docs/services.html

HTH

Ian