[OFBiz] Users - How to remove default payment methods ?

[OFBiz] Users - How to remove default payment methods ?

Stephane Schitter
Hello,

I am still trying to set up an ecommerce site, and I would like to have only 2
possible ways for people to pay:
- Paypal
- Personal Check

I therefore set up the "Payment" settings in my "Store". The "paypal" option
appears in the payment options when an end-user tries to validate his shopping
cart. However I cannot get the Personal check to display... Not sure why. What
are the options that will enable this to be displayed ?

Also, in the ecommerce site, on the same payment selection screen (Step n.3) the
user gets when he validates his cart, I get two additional links at the top that
allow the user to create a "Credit Card" or an "EFT account".

I have however not enabled these payment methods, and would prefer these not to
be displayed -- where I can turn this off ?

Thanks in advance !!

Stephane

[OFBiz] Users - WorkEffort - New Task Problem

Andrew Sykes
Hi,

I'm getting an error when trying to create a new task in the WorkEffort
module...

"Error: No signature of method get matches
(java.lang.String,java.lang.Object)"

I haven't looked at this for a while, but I'm sure it used to work - is
it known to who ever is working on this area?

--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - How to remove default payment methods ?

Daniel Kunkel
Hi Stephane

The easiest way is probably to edit the template files for the payment
pages (there are two, a quick checkout, and the detailed checkout page)
and  comment out the sections/options  you don't want.  I think you'll
find the pages in the applications orders folder if memory serves me.

David, one of the co-founders of this project recently added a feature
that will allow you to turn off the gift cards.

It would probably be a better solution to duplicate David's changes for
the gift card option, and you may even be able to submit a patch back to
the project...  but it's probably easier just to comment out the
unwanted template sections.

Good Luck

Daniel

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 13:59 +0200, Stephane Schitter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am still trying to set up an ecommerce site, and I would like to have only 2
> possible ways for people to pay:
> - Paypal
> - Personal Check
>
> I therefore set up the "Payment" settings in my "Store". The "paypal" option
> appears in the payment options when an end-user tries to validate his shopping
> cart. However I cannot get the Personal check to display... Not sure why. What
> are the options that will enable this to be displayed ?
>
> Also, in the ecommerce site, on the same payment selection screen (Step n.3) the
> user gets when he validates his cart, I get two additional links at the top that
> allow the user to create a "Credit Card" or an "EFT account".
>
> I have however not enabled these payment methods, and would prefer these not to
> be displayed -- where I can turn this off ?
>
> Thanks in advance !!
>
> Stephane

Re: [OFBiz] Users - How to remove default payment methods ?

Hao Jiang-4
Just did it yesterday

in applications/ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/order

chechoutoptions.ftl for quick check out
checkoutpayment.ftl for ordinary check out

Hao

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 13:59 +0200, Stephane Schitter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am still trying to set up an ecommerce site, and I would like to have only 2
> possible ways for people to pay:
> - Paypal
> - Personal Check
>
> I therefore set up the "Payment" settings in my "Store". The "paypal" option
> appears in the payment options when an end-user tries to validate his shopping
> cart. However I cannot get the Personal check to display... Not sure why. What
> are the options that will enable this to be displayed ?
>
> Also, in the ecommerce site, on the same payment selection screen (Step n.3) the
> user gets when he validates his cart, I get two additional links at the top that
> allow the user to create a "Credit Card" or an "EFT account".
>
> I have however not enabled these payment methods, and would prefer these not to
> be displayed -- where I can turn this off ?
>
> Thanks in advance !!
>
> Stephane

Re: [OFBiz] Users - How to remove default payment methods ?

Stephane,

Thanks for bringing up the issue about the New Credit Card and New
EFT Account links remaining when those payment method types are not
available. That is fixed and in SVN revision 5582.

For personal check, the easiest way to handle it is with the "Offline
Payment" option.

-David

On Aug 23, 2005, at 8:29 AM, Daniel Kunkel wrote:

> Hi Stephane
>
> The easiest way is probably to edit the template files for the payment
> pages (there are two, a quick checkout, and the detailed checkout
> page)
> and  comment out the sections/options  you don't want.  I think you'll
> find the pages in the applications orders folder if memory serves me.
>
> David, one of the co-founders of this project recently added a feature
> that will allow you to turn off the gift cards.
>
> It would probably be a better solution to duplicate David's changes
> for
> the gift card option, and you may even be able to submit a patch
> back to
> the project...  but it's probably easier just to comment out the
> unwanted template sections.
>
> Good Luck
>
> Daniel
>

> On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 13:59 +0200, Stephane Schitter wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am still trying to set up an ecommerce site, and I would like to
>> have only 2
>> possible ways for people to pay:
>> - Paypal
>> - Personal Check
>>
>> I therefore set up the "Payment" settings in my "Store". The
>> "paypal" option
>> appears in the payment options when an end-user tries to validate
>> his shopping
>> cart. However I cannot get the Personal check to display... Not
>> sure why. What
>> are the options that will enable this to be displayed ?
>>
>> Also, in the ecommerce site, on the same payment selection screen
>> (Step n.3) the
>> user gets when he validates his cart, I get two additional links
>> at the top that
>> allow the user to create a "Credit Card" or an "EFT account".
>>
>> I have however not enabled these payment methods, and would prefer
>> these not to
>> be displayed -- where I can turn this off ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance !!
>>
>> Stephane

Re: [OFBiz] Users - How to remove default payment methods ?

Stephane-5
Quoting "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>:

> Stephane,
>
> Thanks for bringing up the issue about the New Credit Card and New
> EFT Account links remaining when those payment method types are not
> available. That is fixed and in SVN revision 5582.
>
> For personal check, the easiest way to handle it is with the "Offline
>  Payment" option.
>
> -David

Thanks a lot David !

As you recommend to me to use the offline payment option instead of the
Personal
check, may I ask why this option is present at all in the system ? What
are its
other uses ?

Stephane

Re: [OFBiz] Users - How to remove default payment methods ?

Stephane Schitter

Quoting "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>:

> Stephane,
>
> Thanks for bringing up the issue about the New Credit Card and New
> EFT Account links remaining when those payment method types are not
> available. That is fixed and in SVN revision 5582.
>
> For personal check, the easiest way to handle it is with the "Offline
>  Payment" option.
>
> -David

Thanks a lot David !

As you recommend to me to use the offline payment option instead of the
Personal
check, may I ask why this option is present at all in the system ? What
are its
other uses ?

Stephane

Re: [OFBiz] Users - How to remove default payment methods ?

David E. Jones

The personal check is just another generic payment method type. You
can't directly take a personal check via a web site, so it doesn't
apply to ecommerce and is handled after the fact through the offline
payment option. When the payment is received it will be of type
personal check.

There is documentation about these things and while it may require
some reading to get this sort of information (as it's impossible to
anticipate every possibly question when writing documentation),
you'll certainly get a better understanding of the processes in
general in OFBiz if you do so.

-David

On Aug 24, 2005, at 2:38 AM, Stephane Schitter wrote:

> Quoting "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>:
>

>> Stephane,
>>
>> Thanks for bringing up the issue about the New Credit Card and New
>> EFT Account links remaining when those payment method types are not
>> available. That is fixed and in SVN revision 5582.
>>
>> For personal check, the easiest way to handle it is with the "Offline
>>  Payment" option.
>>
>> -David
>>

> Thanks a lot David !
>
> As you recommend to me to use the offline payment option instead of
> the
> Personal
> check, may I ask why this option is present at all in the system ?
> What
> are its
> other uses ?
>
> Stephane

Re: [OFBiz] Users - How to remove default payment methods ?

Stephane Schitter
Hi David,

I am happy to read any documentation about OFBiz and learn more about
how it is
supposed to work - I have however not been able to find a lot of places
to look
at. Is there anything more than  :
- OFBiz Wiki
- Undersun Website doc
- an introduction doc at les7arts.com
- Some tutorials at opensourcestrategies.com

If not, then on which one could I find the documentation you are
referring to ?

Regards,
Stephane