[OFBiz] Users - New user questions

David Buitenveld
Hi all -

I was wondering if anyone is using OFBiz to sell tickets? The recent
thread on hotel reservations makes me think this would be possible. Can
someone take a crack at some questions I have?

-- plans for jre 1.5? any plans to incorporate portlets?

-- any capabilities for printing something like an eTicket? This could
be a bar code or something that would uniquely verify a ticket as being
valid that the customer prints at home.

-- not specific to ticketing, are there basic CRM capabilties that could
be extended? (I saw a thread about possibly integrating OhioEdge CRM)
Things like tracking demographics against purchases, sending notices,
grouping customers based on sales info (like frequent flyers), examining
trends (customers who bought X also tended to buy Y).

-- any capabilities for snail mail? like label printing, form lettering,
etc.

-- how customizable is the front end? Do you get total control to roll
your own custom front end?

-- Rather than asking to write an essay in response, perhaps I could be
pointed at some more specific documentation?

thanks for any insights / ideas

David Buitenveld