[OFBiz] Users - Ofbiz UK (Europe?) User Group ...

[OFBiz] Users - Ofbiz UK (Europe?) User Group ...

Ian Gilbert
Hi list,

I'm trying to gauge interest in establishing an Ofbiz UK user group and
maybe making it further afield to cover the rest of Europe if the interest
is there.

Do people think that this is a good idea?  I was thinking that we could
arrange to meet up (either virtually or, depending on locations in a pub
somewhere) with a view to having a user conference along the lines of the
US model.

I guess the first thing is to establish a list of interested parties.
Could you let me know your location as well so that I can work out where
might be the best place to meet if this is practicable?  I'm based in
Central London btw although I know that others are in Leeds, Scotland and
the South Coast.

It would be good to meet other interested people if this is possible.

Very best wishes

Ian Gilbert

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Ofbiz UK (Europe?) User Group ...

Andrew Sykes
Ian,

I think this is a great idea.

I'm based in both Leeds and Scotland - i.e. I live in Scotland, but the
company is based in Leeds.

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

[OFBiz] Users - Resource Booking

Andrew Sykes
Hi,

I have a client interested in a resource booking system.

Can anyone give me any feedback on how mature the relevant parts of the
system are please?

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Resource Booking

David E. Jones

Andrew,

It depends a lot on which type(s) of resources you need to keep track
of. The central entity for this is the WorkEffort entity, and there
are many things that can be scheduled with it including FixedAssets,
Facilities, and Parties. Events (a type of WorkEffort) can be
scheduled for these various things. There is also the concept of
availability as a WorkEffort type, but it has really been implemented
yet in that they don't show on the calendar and there are no
supporting services for finding if something/one is available at a
certain time or in a certain time range.

There has been quite a bit of development in this area recently that
you might want to take a look at.

-David