[OFBiz] Users - Payment Application & Accounting Question

[OFBiz] Users - Payment Application & Accounting Question

Gan Chun Yee
May I know how can I apply payment received on the
invoice? Must it require Billing Account ID?

Besides, How can it generate Journal Entry when
payment is received or shipment is shipped?

I suppose when an order is placed, a shipment created
and then the following journal entries should be
generated:

1. Debit (i think, not sure whether is credit or
debit) Cost Of Goods Sold
2. Debit Account Receivable
3. Credit Sales

Here is my Accounts Setting for Product "Tiny Chrome
Widget [ID:WG-5569]"

1. 500000 COST OF GOODS SOLD (Cost Of Goods Sold)
2. 120000 ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE (Inventory)
3. 400000 SALES (Sales)

Besides, how can I view the journal entry ?

Hope someone can help me out.

Regards,
Gan

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Payment Application & Accounting Question

Steve Ryan
Not an OfBiz expert, but your journal entry at time of
sale / shipment should be:

Debit - Accounts Receivable
Credit - Sales

Debit - Cost of Goods Sold
Credit - Inventory

The Accounts Receivable and Cost of Goods Sold
transaction amounts should not be the same - unless
you have very, very thin margins.

Hope this helps.

--- Gan Chun Yee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> May I know how can I apply payment received on the
> invoice? Must it require Billing Account ID?
>
> Besides, How can it generate Journal Entry when
> payment is received or shipment is shipped?
>
> I suppose when an order is placed, a shipment
> created
> and then the following journal entries should be
> generated:
>
> 1. Debit (i think, not sure whether is credit or
> debit) Cost Of Goods Sold
> 2. Debit Account Receivable
> 3. Credit Sales
>
> Here is my Accounts Setting for Product "Tiny Chrome
> Widget [ID:WG-5569]"
>
> 1. 500000 COST OF GOODS SOLD (Cost Of Goods Sold)
> 2. 120000 ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE (Inventory)
> 3. 400000 SALES (Sales)
>
> Besides, how can I view the journal entry ?
>
> Hope someone can help me out.
>
> Regards,
> Gan

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Payment Application & Accounting Question

All of this stuff you are looking for is in the accountingext
component. Check out the link that Si sent earlier to find out for
about that, or look at the copious discussion on the topic in this
and the dev mailing lists. You are correct, it is not in the OFBiz
trunk as of yet.

-David