[OFBiz] Users - Please All!!! Tomcat out OFBIZ

[OFBiz] Users - Please All!!! Tomcat out OFBIZ

Vinicius Nadai
Dear all,

I am with a big problem that still didn't resolve.

I need to run the OFBIZ or eCommerce Application (main) in my server Internet. He already have installed the Tomcat and I nedd to send only the OFBIZ application for his.

Has Somebody any tutorial for this?

Please!!!! :'(

Vinicius

Re: [OFBiz] Users - wait waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitTomcat out OFBIZ

Vinicius,

Jacques

Re: [OFBiz] Users - wait waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitTomcat out OFBIZ

Florin T.PATRASCU (work)
Vincius,

On which port is running your current TOMCAT installation? Are you running any other application on your existing TOMCAT instance?

Maybe is affordable to run two TOMCAT instances on the same machine and then you don't need to worry too much?!

-florin

On Sep 15, 2005, at 2:36 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

Vinicius,

Jacques

Re: [OFBiz] Users - wait waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitTomcat out OFBIZ

Vinicius Nadai
Hi florin,

The my internet provider to be running in port 80(default).
Is a common provider internet and has other sites running.

Now, I have that to know if the provider will leave to run another instances of the TOMCAT, that I think to be very hard.

Did you or somebody already pass for this?

Thanks,

Vinicius

On Sep 16, 2005, at 9:59 AM, Vinicius Nadai wrote:

Hi florin,

The my internet provider to be running in port 80(default).
Is a common provider internet and has other sites running.

Now, I have that to know if the provider will leave to run another instances of the TOMCAT, that I think to be very hard.

Did you or somebody already pass for this?

no, but I am thinking that if you are allowed to run a distinct Java application OFBiz will bind by default on port 8080 and will not conflict with your existing Tomcat instance. But then of course you have to be sure your ISP will open the port 8080. Works for demos, but I would not use this mixture for production anyway.

Hope it helps,
--florin

Thanks,

Vinicius

Florin T.PATRASCU (work) wrote:
Vincius,

On which port is running your current TOMCAT installation? Are you running any other application on your existing TOMCAT instance?

Maybe is affordable to run two TOMCAT instances on the same machine and then you don't need to worry too much?!

-florin

On Sep 15, 2005, at 2:36 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

Vinicius,

Jacques

Re: [OFBiz] Users - wait waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitTomcat out OFBIZ

Vinicius Nadai
I contacted my ISP and he only allow the port 80 to your clients.

Do you know any ISP that allow to open other port?
Can you to send the url?

[...]

Vincius, here you lost me :(  I am not aware of any ISP like the ones you need. If you're familiar with Linux you should start looking to these guys: http://linode.com/products/ but then again, this is as much as as I can tell in this respect. I am not affiliated with them nor trying to make any advertise here, I am sure there are others but these guys at linode look very smart

If you really plan to use OFBIz for serious deployments you better prepare yourself to handle the system from a-to-z and forget the light/cheap  offers coming from some totally java-unaware ISPs. Maybe somebody else here can help you.

cheers,

On Sep 16, 2005, at 10:43 AM, Vinicius Nadai wrote:

[...]

[OFBiz] Users - Re: [OFBiz] Users - wait waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitTomcat out OFBIZ

Ian Gilbert
You can specify that Ofbiz uses port 80 in url.properties.  If you only
have this port available then you should switch off ssh (also in
url.properties) and only use it as a test/dev box.  Your ISP should also
offer 443 for secure connections.

Ian

On Fri, September 16, 2005 3:01 pm, Florin T.PATRASCU (work) wrote:

> Vincius, here you lost me :(  I am not aware of any ISP like the ones
> you need. If you're familiar with Linux you should start looking to these
> guys: http://linode.com/products/ but then again, this is as
> much as as I can tell in this respect. I am not affiliated with them nor
> trying to make any advertise here, I am sure there are others but these
> guys at linode look very smart
>
> If you really plan to use OFBIz for serious deployments you better
> prepare yourself to handle the system from a-to-z and forget the
> light/cheap  offers coming from some totally java-unaware ISPs. Maybe
> somebody else here can help you.
>
> cheers,
>

> On Sep 16, 2005, at 10:43 AM, Vinicius Nadai wrote:
>

>> I contacted my ISP and he only allow the port 80 to your clients.
>>

>> Do you know any ISP that allow to open other port?
>> Can you to send the url?
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Vinicius
>>

>> Florin T.PATRASCU (work) wrote:

>>> no, but I am thinking that if you are allowed to run a distinct Java
>>> application OFBiz will bind by default on port 8080 and will not
>>> conflict with your existing Tomcat instance. But then of course you
>>> have to be sure your ISP will open the port 8080. Works for demos, but
>>> I would not use this mixture for production anyway.
>>>

>>> Hope it helps,
>>> --florin

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: [OFBiz] Users - wait waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitTomcat out OFBIZ

Vinicius Nadai
Hi Gilbert,

Sorry, I did not understand your suggestion.

Do you can to be more clear?

thanks,

Vinicius

Ian Gilbert wrote:
[...]

Hi Vinicius,

Look in the url.properties file (in /ofbiz/framework/webapp/config) and
you can change the ports there.  You can also switch off and on ssl.

Ian

On Fri, September 16, 2005 5:23 pm, Vinicius Nadai wrote:

> [...]
> Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:03 PM Subject: [OFBiz] Users - wait
> waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitTomcat out OFBIZ
> helphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphel phe
> lphelphelphelphelphelp  Vinicius Nadai wrote:
> Dear all,   I am with a big problem that still didn't resolve.   I need
> to run the OFBIZ or eCommerce Application (main) in my  server Internet.
> He already have installed the Tomcat and I nedd to send only the OFBIZ
> application for his.  Has Somebody any tutorial for this?   Please!!!!
> :'(   Vinicius    _______________________________________________ Users
> mailing list [hidden email]

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: [OFBiz] Users - wait waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitTomcat out OFBIZ

> Look in the url.properties file (in /ofbiz/framework/webapp/config) and
> you can change the ports there.  You can also switch off and on ssl.

And please read :
> [...]

> > ----- From: Vinicius Nadai To: OFBiz Users / Usage Discussion Sent:
> > Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:03 PM Subject: [OFBiz] Users - wait
> > waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitTomcat out OFBIZ
> > helphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphel phe
> > lphelphelphelphelphelp  Vinicius Nadai wrote:
> > Dear all,   I am with a big problem that still didn't resolve.   I need
> > to run the OFBIZ or eCommerce Application (main) in my  server Internet.
> > He already have installed the Tomcat and I nedd to send only the OFBIZ
> > application for his.  Has Somebody any tutorial for this?   Please!!!!
> > :'(   Vinicius    _______________________________________________ Users
> > mailing list [hidden email]
> > http://lists.ofbiz.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: [OFBiz] Users - wait waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitTomcat out OFBIZ

In the new version Ofbiz dont't have the path /ofbiz/framework/webapp/config

and yes ofbiz/components/content/config/url.properties

this has effect the same?

Gilbert, do you have msn? my is [hidden email]
and your?

thanks,

Vinicius

2:36 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Vinicius,   Did you really read this : http://www.undersunconsulting.com/
static/OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf ?  Jacques ----- Original Message
----- From: Vinicius Nadai To: OFBiz Users / Usage Discussion Sent:
Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:03 PM Subject: [OFBiz] Users - wait
waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitTomcat out OFBIZ
helphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphel phe
lphelphelphelphelphelp  Vinicius Nadai wrote:
Dear all,   I am with a big problem that still didn't resolve.   I need
to run the OFBIZ or eCommerce Application (main) in my  server Internet.
He already have installed the Tomcat and I nedd to send only the OFBIZ
application for his.  Has Somebody any tutorial for this?   Please!!!!
mailing list [hidden email]

[OFBiz] Users - Setting Port and properties in url.properties ...

Ian Gilbert
What version are you running?  My version is only an hour or so old I
think.  You may be running the release version 3.0.0.  I recommend one of
the weekly builds at
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/downloads.php

In any event the answer is probably 'Yes' ;)

Ian