[OFBiz] Users - Product Configurations Question

[OFBiz] Users - Product Configurations Question

Kyle Tippetts
All,

I am using a Sept 2004 version of OFBiz, which appears to have product
configuration capabilities, and indeed it does through the ecommerce
module, but I also need the same capability using the order entry
functionality from the Order Manager. I believe I've set up the
configurations correctly:

1. I set up a Configuration Item called Media Type as Multi-choice.
2. For that Config Item, I set up two options: DVD and VHS.
3. For each Config option, I associated the appropriate product
component (which I previously created as products in the product
catalog).
4. In the configurable product's Configurations screen, I added the
Configuration Item to it's list of Configurations, set the
ProductConfigTypeId to Question, and made it mandatory.
5. In the configurable product's main product page, I set the Product
Type to Configurable Good.

When I use the Order Manager's Order Entry functionality and add this
product to a party's shopping cart, I get no opportunity to configure it
-- no additional configuration fields, no configuration screen, etc.

I have been unsuccessful finding anything in the mailing list, so my
question is what have I done wrong in setting up this configuration? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--Kyle

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Product Configurations Question

David E. Jones

It probably wasn't supported in the order manager at that time.
Before Jacopo's work a couple of months ago to share resources
between ecommerce and the order manager order entry they were
horrifically out of sync....

-David