[OFBiz] Users - RE: VAT Usage - Howto

David Garrett
There have been a number of discussions about how to implement VAT within Ofbiz. I do not understand the current recommended method.

Can someone point me in the right dircetion.

As I understand the preferred method is to use the following fields in Product:

taxable
taxCategory
taxVatCode

Could someone please provide pointers as to whether this is still the best method and if so how these fields should be used.

I am based in Australia where we have a GST(similar to VAT) of 10% on everything except food. In previous implementations I have done a simple 10% hack when displaying prices and Tax but I would prefer to use a better solution this time.

Furthermore, how do I get the VAT/GST into the accounting module?

Thanks
David G

Re: [OFBiz] Users - RE: VAT Usage - Howto

David E. Jones

As far as I know there is no general strategy for VAT style sales tax
support. I believe those who are using OFBiz for this are using
individual customizations.

There is some work that I'm doing right now to significantly expand
the tax calculation support in OFBiz, and it should be in place
within the next couple of weeks. You can see some early with in this
direction in the TaxAuthority and related entities in the order
component.

-David