[OFBiz] Users - Re: Need help in installing ofbiz

[OFBiz] Users - Re: Need help in installing ofbiz

Brad Plies
startofbiz.bat runs:
java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -jar ofbiz.jar

 From the start it looks like 256MB or RAM is being reserved.  If you
don't have that, sounds like a memory issue.

>Hi,
>
>I was trying to install the ofbiz software.
>
>After installing Java 2 v.1.4 and setting the JAVA_HOME environment variable to c:\j2sdk1.42_09, I ran startofbiz.bat from the command-line, but I received the following error message:
>
>Error occurred during initialization of VM
>Could not reserve enough space for object heap.
>
>Could you please help me to solve this problem?
>
>Thanks!
>Eagle Liang
>

>Chong's Health Care Enterprise, Inc.
>401 N. Garfield Ave. #1
>Alhambra  CA 91801, USA
>Tel: +1-626-282-9186
>Fax: +1-626-282-9252
>Email: [hidden email]
>Http://www.cljhealth.com

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Need help in installing ofbiz

Si Chen-2
You might want to change it to:
java -Xms64M -Xmx64M -jar ofbiz.jar

It *may* run after that, but it'll be rather unstable (and definitely
very slow.)

The better option is to get some more RAM.

Si

Brad wrote:

> startofbiz.bat runs:
> java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -jar ofbiz.jar
>
> From the start it looks like 256MB or RAM is being reserved.  If you
> don't have that, sounds like a memory issue.
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I was trying to install the ofbiz software.
>>
>> After installing Java 2 v.1.4 and setting the JAVA_HOME environment
>> variable to c:\j2sdk1.42_09, I ran startofbiz.bat from the
>> command-line, but I received the following error message:
>>
>> Error occurred during initialization of VM
>> Could not reserve enough space for object heap.
>>
>> Could you please help me to solve this problem?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Eagle Liang
>>

>> Chong's Health Care Enterprise, Inc.
>> 401 N. Garfield Ave. #1
>> Alhambra  CA 91801, USA
>> Tel: +1-626-282-9186
>> Fax: +1-626-282-9252
>> Email: [hidden email]
>> Http://www.cljhealth.com

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Need help in installing ofbiz

Chong's Health Care Inc.
Thanks to all of you!

I tried the installation on another PC with 512MB, and it works now.

Eagle

Brad wrote:

> startofbiz.bat runs:
> java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -jar ofbiz.jar
>
> From the start it looks like 256MB or RAM is being reserved. If you
> don't have that, sounds like a memory issue.
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I was trying to install the ofbiz software.
>>
>> After installing Java 2 v.1.4 and setting the JAVA_HOME environment
>> variable to c:\j2sdk1.42_09, I ran startofbiz.bat from the
>> command-line, but I received the following error message:
>>
>> Error occurred during initialization of VM
>> Could not rese! rve enough space for object heap.
>>
>> Could you please help me to solve this problem?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Eagle Liang
>>

>> Chong's Health Care Enterprise, Inc.
>> 401 N. Garfield Ave. #1
>> Alhambra CA 91801, USA
>> Tel: +1-626-282-9186
>> Fax: +1-626-282-9252
>> Email: [hidden email]
>> Http://www.cljhealth.com

Chong's Health Care Enterprise, Inc.
401 N. Garfield Ave. #1
Alhambra CA 91801, USA
Tel: +1-626-282-9186
Fax: +1-626-282-9252
Email: [hidden email]
Http://www.cljhealth.com

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Need help in installing ofbiz

Chong's Health Care Inc.
Si,

Do you know any internet stores using the ofbiz software, especially the ecommerce portion?

Can you recommend some hosting companies who support the Java SDK environment?

Thanks!
Eagle

Brad wrote:

> startofbiz.bat runs:
> java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -jar ofbiz.jar
>
> From the start it looks like 256MB or RAM is being reserved. If you
> don't have that, sounds like a memory issue.
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I was trying to install the ofbiz software.
>>
>> After installing Java 2 v.1.4 and setting the JAVA_HOME environment
>> variable to c:\j2sdk1.42_09, I ran startofbiz.bat from the
>> command-line, but I received the following error message:
>>
>> Error occurred during initialization of VM
>> Could not rese! rve enough space for object heap.
>>
>> Could you please help me to solve this problem?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Eagle Liang
>>

>> Chong's Health Care Enterprise, Inc.
>> 401 N. Garfield Ave. #1
>> Alhambra CA 91801, USA
>> Tel: +1-626-282-9186
>> Fax: +1-626-282-9252
>> Email: [hidden email]
>> Http://www.cljhealth.com

Chong's Health Care Enterprise, Inc.
401 N. Garfield Ave. #1
Alhambra CA 91801, USA
Tel: +1-626-282-9186
Fax: +1-626-282-9252
Email: [hidden email]
Http://www.cljhealth.com

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Need help in installing ofbiz

David E. Jones

On Sep 22, 2005, at 3:55 PM, Chong's Health Care Inc. wrote:

> Do you know any internet stores using the ofbiz software,
> especially the ecommerce portion?

There is a pretty good list on the home page of the ofbiz.org site.
This is a few months old now, but has a lot of good sites on it.
We'll probably update it again around early December as there will be
a number of new sites up by then (since the Christmas season is a big
deployment goal for a number of them).

> Can you recommend some hosting companies who support the Java SDK
> environment?

There are quite a few, and it depends on what you want and what your
budget is. If you want higher level support and maintenance services
then I'd recommend my own company, Undersun Consulting:

http://www.undersunconsulting.com/control/solutions.html

If you are looking for lower level but still full service hosting,
then the data center we use (and the company the hosted the OFBiz
Users Conference this year) is a good way to go:

http://www.contegix.com/index.action

If you just want a box that you administer there are a lot of cheaper
options, but I wouldn't recommend this unless you aren't worried
about down-time or being switched to other machines (or having to
switch to another company).

There are a few others listed on the "Services" page of the ofbiz.org
site, and you might poke around there a bit.