[OFBiz] Users - Re: Techniques for moving large tables help

[OFBiz] Users - Re: Techniques for moving large tables help

David Riggle
We are using the Advantage database and jdbc driver. Also, my heap size
is set to 512mb. And the way the method was supposed to work is to get
the ELI for our table and go through each record once and update the
appropraite ofbiz tables. The place that it originally ran out of memory
was when I called the delegator.findAll() method. Then I found out about
the ELI and tried using that, but I get the same problem of java running
out of memory. I'm wondering if I am doing it wrong?

/EntityListIterator sourceListIterator = //delegator.findListIteratorByCondition("arinvt01", /*condition*/ null,//inventoryCollection,//inventoryOrder);

/That is the line where the program runs out of memory. Should I put the entire method down for you guys?

Thanks,

- David Riggle

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Techniques for moving large tables help

David E. Jones

It may be in the JDBC driver then. On that line the Entity Engine
isn't even creating any GenericValue objects or anything, so none of
the Entity Engine overhead is coming into play.

I would contact Advantage and see if they support cursors in the
database and the JDBC driver. If you can get the source for it you
can find out that way. Another way to see where memory is going is to
use a profiling tool to see which objects are taking up the memory
and where they are referred to and such. With that kind of tool you
can get a peek at what the JDBC driver is doing, though if they
compiled it with the intent to obfuscate then it might be hard to get
the information you need...

-David