[OFBiz] Users - Re2: Product Keywords (error)

[OFBiz] Users - Re2: Product Keywords (error)

firas-3
Hello David,

I'm using OFBiz rev.5462/PostgreSQL 8 and I was trying to create keywords
for a product manually.

The problem is that the Entity Engine expects relevancyWeight to be a
numeric value but in ProductEvents.java this variable is declared as String.
Temporarily, I've patched my local copy, though.

Regards!

</Firas>

Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:03:13 -0400
From: "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [OFBiz] Users - Product Keywords (error)

Which version of OFBiz is this? I seem to vaguely remember something like
this from the distant past, but I'm not totally sure...

If it is a recent version could you describe what you did to get this
message?

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re2: Product Keywords (error)

David E. Jones

Thanks Firas. I fixed this in the keywording event, just basically
did a conversion from String to Long.

To help with more of this sort of problem I changed the
GenericEntity.set method to log an error if the type of the value
being passed in doesn't match the Java type of the field. We could
throw an exception for this, but I think for now we want a softer
error, and eventually we should throw an exception to enforce this
better, and one can always use alternative method to do auto
conversion....

-David