[OFBiz] Users - WAR Application into Tomcat

[OFBiz] Users - WAR Application into Tomcat

Vinicius Nadai
Hi friends,

At First, I am very much happy with your help.

Second, I need them so much...hehehee

doubt:

Are Tomcat and Apache blundled with OFBIZ? May I have an Ofbiz Application
direct deployed into Tomcat (war file) ?

ooking forward to you answer,

Vinicius Nadai

Re: [OFBiz] Users - WAR Application into Tomcat

Yannick Thebault
Le Jeudi 25 Août 2005 23:20, Vinicius Nadai a écrit :
Hi,

Well, I don't think the embeded Tomcat could unpack your war file so you will
have to unpack yourself.

Next create a new component (into specialized, if think it will be better),
customize your build.xml and ofbiz-component.xml, your web.xml by adding
ControlServlet, declare your requests into controller.xml, declare the
component into component-load.xml. And try.
Maybe you will have to customize your pages (JSP, ...)

Hope it helps you

Regards
Yannick

--
Yannick Thebault
Consultant

Société Néréide
Tél : 02.47.50.30.54
Site : http://www.nereide.biz/

Re: [OFBiz] Users - WAR Application into Tomcat

David E. Jones

Yannick is right about the approach, ie just expand the war and point
to it in an ofbiz-component.xml file (you can do it in any of them,
and creating your own component with a new one might be the best way
to go). You don't have to worry about making changes to use the OFBiz
ControlServlet and stuff, unless you want to "OFBiz-ize" your
application. You can just drop it in and it will work as it is
written to with whatever servlets or JSPs or whatever you have in it.

-David