[OFBiz] Users - allowedPaths

Charles Johnson-2
I note that in Tutorial 2 the path to the css file is given as
..\images\maincss.css (from memory). I tried to change this to
\style\main.css and altered web.xml accordingly, but without any success
whatever. Can anyone explain why? I suspect there is yet another
mechanism intervening to allow 'allowedPaths'

Charles Johnson

Re: [OFBiz] Users - allowedPaths

Si Chen-2
Can you be more specific?  What change did you actually make?  What does
your log file say?

Si

Charles Johnson wrote:

>I note that in Tutorial 2 the path to the css file is given as
>..\images\maincss.css (from memory). I tried to change this to
>\style\main.css and altered web.xml accordingly, but without any success
>whatever. Can anyone explain why? I suspect there is yet another
>mechanism intervening to allow 'allowedPaths'
>
>Charles Johnson

Re: [OFBiz] Users - allowedPaths

Charles Johnson-2
It seems that the stylesheet url cannot be an absolute one, as having
moved the stylesheet out of /images, only the current one in /style
works and not the previous attempt, which i intended to be an absolute url:

<head>
<!-- <link rel="stylesheet" href="../images/main.css" type="text/css"> -->
<!-- <link rel="stylesheet" href="/style/main.css" type="text/css"> -->
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../style/main.css" type="text/css">
<title>Second Hello World</title>
</head>
${Static["org.ofbiz.base.util.UtilDateTime"].nowTimestamp().toString()}</p>
<hr>

Si Chen wrote:

> Can you be more specific?  What change did you actually make?  What
> does your log file say?
> Si
>
> Charles Johnson wrote:
>
>> I note that in Tutorial 2 the path to the css file is given as
>> ..\images\maincss.css (from memory). I tried to change this to
>> \style\main.css and altered web.xml accordingly, but without any success
>> whatever. Can anyone explain why? I suspect there is yet another
>> mechanism intervening to allow 'allowedPaths'
>>
>> Charles Johnson

Re: [OFBiz] Users - allowedPaths

Si Chen-2
If you try to reference something called "/style," then basically what
you're doing is asking your browser to show you
http://localhost:8080/style/main.css

This means that "style" must be mounted as a webapp in Tomcat.  Does
that make sense?

Si

Charles Johnson wrote:

>It seems that the stylesheet url cannot be an absolute one, as having
>moved the stylesheet out of /images, only the current one in /style
>works and not the previous attempt, which i intended to be an absolute url:

><head>
><!-- <link rel="stylesheet" href="../images/main.css" type="text/css"> -->
><!-- <link rel="stylesheet" href="/style/main.css" type="text/css"> -->
><link rel="stylesheet" href="../style/main.css" type="text/css">
><title>Second Hello World</title>
></head>
>${Static["org.ofbiz.base.util.UtilDateTime"].nowTimestamp().toString()}</p>
><hr>
>

>Si Chen wrote:
>

>>Can you be more specific?  What change did you actually make?  What
>>does your log file say?
>>Si
>>
>>Charles Johnson wrote:
>>

>>>I note that in Tutorial 2 the path to the css file is given as
>>>..\images\maincss.css (from memory). I tried to change this to
>>>\style\main.css and altered web.xml accordingly, but without any success
>>>whatever. Can anyone explain why? I suspect there is yet another
>>>mechanism intervening to allow 'allowedPaths'
>>>
>>>Charles Johnson

Re: [OFBiz] Users - allowedPaths

Charles Johnson-2
>>Does that make sense?

Yes, it does thanks. btw it's very gratifying to hear from the 'master'
in this mailing list (i assume you're male) ;-)

CJ

Si Chen wrote:

> If you try to reference something called "/style," then basically what
> you're doing is asking your browser to show you
> http://localhost:8080/style/main.css
>
> This means that "style" must be mounted as a webapp in Tomcat.  Does
> that make sense?
>
> Si
>
> Charles Johnson wrote:
>
>> It seems that the stylesheet url cannot be an absolute one, as having
>> moved the stylesheet out of /images, only the current one in /style
>> works and not the previous attempt, which i intended to be an
>> absolute url:

>> <head>
>> <!-- <link rel="stylesheet" href="../images/main.css"
>> type="text/css"> -->
>> <!-- <link rel="stylesheet" href="/style/main.css" type="text/css"> -->
>> <link rel="stylesheet" href="../style/main.css" type="text/css">
>> <title>Second Hello World</title>
>> </head>
>> ${Static["org.ofbiz.base.util.UtilDateTime"].nowTimestamp().toString()}</p>

>> <hr>
>>

>> Si Chen wrote:
>>

>>> Can you be more specific?  What change did you actually make?  What
>>> does your log file say?
>>> Si

Re: [OFBiz] Users - allowedPaths

Si Chen-2
Thanks, Charles, but I am male but hardly a "master".   :-)

Si

Charles Johnson wrote:

>>>Does that make sense?
>>>

>Yes, it does thanks. btw it's very gratifying to hear from the 'master'
>in this mailing list (i assume you're male) ;-)
>
>CJ
>
>Si Chen wrote:
>

>>If you try to reference something called "/style," then basically what
>>you're doing is asking your browser to show you
>>http://localhost:8080/style/main.css
>>
>>This means that "style" must be mounted as a webapp in Tomcat.  Does
>>that make sense?
>>
>>Si
>>
>>Charles Johnson wrote:
>>

>>>It seems that the stylesheet url cannot be an absolute one, as having
>>>moved the stylesheet out of /images, only the current one in /style
>>>works and not the previous attempt, which i intended to be an
>>>absolute url:

>>><head>
>>><!-- <link rel="stylesheet" href="../images/main.css"
>>>type="text/css"> -->
>>><!-- <link rel="stylesheet" href="/style/main.css" type="text/css"> -->
>>><link rel="stylesheet" href="../style/main.css" type="text/css">
>>><title>Second Hello World</title>
>>></head>
>>>${Static["org.ofbiz.base.util.UtilDateTime"].nowTimestamp().toString()}</p>

>>><hr>

Re: [OFBiz] Users - allowedPaths

Charles Johnson-2
Well, you certainly wrote those excellent tutorials - i only wish there
were more of them ;-)

CJ