[OFBiz] Users - Entity configuration

michal-2
Hello all,
Iam trying to get ofbiz working with postgresql and I am having the following problem.
I have made proper changes to entityengine.xml(user, passwd, datasource). Then ran this command
java -jar ofbiz.jar -install-readers=seed
and then when i try to acces ecommerce part I get this error:
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to
esablish a connection with the database. (Backend
start-up failed: FATAL: database "ofbiz" does not
exist

Where can i change database names from ofbiz to whatever i want to use ?
Thanks
Mike

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Entity configuration

MPF-2
Michal

check entityengine.xml

Did you read the productionsetupguide?
http://www.undersunconsulting.com/control/onlineinfo.html?atc=OFB
Michael

[hidden email] wrote on 03.11.2005 18:07:13:

> Hello all,
> Iam trying to get ofbiz working with postgresql and I am having the
> following problem.
> I have made proper changes to entityengine.xml(user, passwd,
> datasource). Then ran this command
> java -jar ofbiz.jar -install-readers=seed
> and then when i try to acces ecommerce part I get this error:
> org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to
> esablish a connection with the database. (Backend
> start-up failed: FATAL: database "ofbiz" does not
> exist
>
> Where can i change database names from ofbiz to whatever i want to use ?
> Thanks
> Mike

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Entity configuration

Michael Kuefner
Hi Michael,

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 12:07:13PM -0500, michal wrote:

> and then when i try to acces ecommerce part I get this error:
> org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to
> esablish a connection with the database. (Backend
> start-up failed: FATAL: database "ofbiz" does not
> exist
>
> Where can i change database names from ofbiz to whatever
> i want to use ?

Have a look at ofbiz/framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml

or use the ofbiz wiki:
http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=RelationalDatabases
http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=GettingStarted

Michael

--
Michael Küfner                          Meisterbohne eLösungen
                                        Söflinger Straße 100

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Entity configuration

michal-2
Thanks for pointing me in good direction. I missed one step in
entityengine.xml
I got all the tables now in my database.
As I was reading through production setup I get a little confused with
option -install-readers=seed
which btw I ran on my box. Now when i tried to login to catalog section with
admin username and ofbiz password I get error saying user not found. Does
this mean that seed install option creates nothing but the tables and i have
to populate my own configuration or there might be some other problem.

Mike
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 12:07:13PM -0500, michal wrote:
>>
>> and then when i try to acces ecommerce part I get this error:
>> org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to
>> esablish a connection with the database. (Backend
>> start-up failed: FATAL: database "ofbiz" does not
>> exist
>>
>> Where can i change database names from ofbiz to whatever
>> i want to use ?
>

> Have a look at ofbiz/framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml
>
> or use the ofbiz wiki:
> http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=RelationalDatabases
> http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=GettingStarted
>

> Michael
>
> --
> Michael Küfner                          Meisterbohne eLösungen
>                                        Söflinger Straße 100
> Tel: +49-(0)731-399 499 0               D-89077 Ulm
>                                        http://www.meisterbohne.de

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Entity configuration

michal-2
Acctualy I've read through production setup and  I just missed one step in
entityengine.xml
Anyway I got all the tables now in my database.
As I was reading through production setup I get a little confused with
option -install-readers=seed
which btw I ran on my box. Now when i tried to login to catalog section with
admin username and ofbiz password I get error saying user not found. Does
this mean that seed install option creates nothing but the tables and i have
to populate my own configuration or there might be some other problem.

Michal
> [hidden email] wrote on 03.11.2005 18:07:13:
>
>> Hello all,
>> Iam trying to get ofbiz working with postgresql and I am having the
>> following problem.
>> I have made proper changes to entityengine.xml(user, passwd,
>> datasource). Then ran this command
>> java -jar ofbiz.jar -install-readers=seed
>> and then when i try to acces ecommerce part I get this error:
>> org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to
>> esablish a connection with the database. (Backend
>> start-up failed: FATAL: database "ofbiz" does not
>> exist
>>
>> Where can i change database names from ofbiz to whatever i want to use ?
>> Thanks
>> Mike

[OFBiz] Users - Re: Users - Entity configuration

Souvik Saha Bhowmik
Hi
You need to make a database with the name Ofbiz first and then run the
install command. You can give other names . In that case do necessary
change in the entityengine.xml under the section
 <datasource name="localpostgres"

You will find this attribute
jdbc-uri="jdbc:postgresql://serverName/databaseName"
Give the server ip address or name and also the database name under
which u want to create entities. Also create a database with same name
in postgres.

Use the attributes
 jdbc-username=""
  jdbc-password=""
to specify the username and password of your database.

Souvik