[OFBiz] Users - barcoding

dkey
Can anyone tell me a quick and dirty of what I need to incorporate the
reading and printing of barcodes in a custom OFBiz app?

Thanks in advance,

Dale

Re: [OFBiz] Users - barcoding

Ray Barlow
For barcode reading you can get away with zero changes i.e. use keyboard
wedge scanner, put the carot in the edit box and scan the barcode, the
characters are sent as keyboard input to the edit box, with/without
returns or tabs depending on how you configure your scanner. There are
more sophisticated options, which I think the POS application uses, that
can intercept the keyboard input and pick out characters sent by the
barcode reader as a prefix to the scan, then capture/divert the scanned
code into the POS instance, triggering the add to cart event based on a SKU.

There are some uses of printed barcodes in the system already, have a
look around the pick/packing pdfs or search the code base for barcodes.

Ray