[OFBiz] Users - from ERP-CRM team

CRM-TEAM
hi

can any one tell us how to deploy ofbiz on a server so that we can
call pages from a distance.
lets say : www.mycompany.com/partymgr

and we want to now which objects are putted in the request by the
framework not by us(as an attribute or parameter) .

thanks for all...

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - from ERP-CRM team

Ray Barlow
Hi,

There are lots of ways you can deploy a server and they depend on lots
of things about your infrastructure.  But put simply that machine needs
a public IP address or your perimeter firewall needs to forward port 80
and 443 requests to the machines internal address, preferably in a  DMZ.

You can deploy using the standard Tomcat by changing the 8080/8443 ports
in ofbiz-containers.xml or you can front the site with apache and us AJP
to pass requests to the framework on the same or even another machine.

Read the production setup guide:
http://www.undersunconsulting.com/static/OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf
and also search the wiki for RMI ports and apache to find more detail.

Ray

CRM-TEAM wrote:

>hi
>
>can any one tell us how to deploy ofbiz on a server so that we can
>call pages from a distance.
>lets say : www.mycompany.com/partymgr
>
>and we want to now which objects are putted in the request by the
>framework not by us(as an attribute or parameter) .
>
>thanks for all...

[OFBiz] Dev - Bug report

While testing my recent modifications get("description",locale) I found this
bug when wanting to add a role to a communication (Party module)

Strange because there are 15 other expressions like this in all OFBiz (with
specialized). I did not test them all ;o). The expression is :

party = delegator.findByPrimaryKey("Party", UtilMisc.toMap("partyId",
partyId));

I don't know if I must create a Jira issue for it.

Jacques

org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[editCommunication]: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running BSH
script at location
[component://party/webapp/partymgr/WEB-INF/actions/communication/editCommuni
cation.bsh]: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running BSH script
at
[component://party/webapp/partymgr/WEB-INF/actions/communication/editCommuni
cation.bsh], line [42]: Sourced file:
component://party/webapp/partymgr/WEB-INF/actions/communication/editCommunic
ation.bsh : Method Invocation delegator.findByPrimaryKey : at Line: 42 : in
file:
component://party/webapp/partymgr/WEB-INF/actions/communication/editCommunic
ation.bsh : delegator .findByPrimaryKey ( "Party" , UtilMisc .toMap (
"partyId" , partyId ) )

Target exception: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericNotImplementedException: Not
Implemented Exception while setting value on field [partyId] of entity
Party: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericNotImplementedException: Java type
java.util.Arrays$ArrayList not currently supported. Sorry. (Java type
java.util.Arrays$ArrayList not currently supported. Sorry.)
(Sourced file:
component://party/webapp/partymgr/WEB-INF/actions/communication/editCommunic
ation.bsh : Method Invocation delegator.findByPrimaryKey) (Error running BSH
script at
[...]

[OFBiz] Dev - Question on i18n of Entity labels

Some days before, I asked this question on Jira. Without any comment, I ask
it one more time.

After have done this job (Jira OFBIZ-356), I asked myself if it was the
right way to manage i18n of Entity. I think we should manage i18n and l10n
of this data at root. Entity datas in DB came initially from xml data files
which are in data directory of each component. I think we shoud create a new
(even replacement) mechanism (or even an architecture) that takes account of
this fact.

For example, people of Néréides (France) have already taken this into
account and have created branchs in CVS for Neogia to manage it in their own
global ant job which merges their components with OFBiz components (OFBiz
components remain most part of Neogia actually).

What do you think about that ? Any idea, objection ?

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - from ERP-CRM team

Ian Gilbert
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding but wouldn't you use the logs for this?  You
can find them in /ofbiz/logs

Is this what you wanted to know?

Cheers

Ian

On Mon, July 18, 2005 5:56 pm, CRM-TEAM wrote:

> hi
>
> can any one tell us how to deploy ofbiz on a server so that we can call
> pages from a distance. lets say : www.mycompany.com/partymgr
>
> and we want to now which objects are putted in the request by the
> framework not by us(as an attribute or parameter) .
>
> thanks for all...

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Question on i18n of Entity labels

Hmmm... You lost me. What is it that you are proposing?

-David

On Jul 19, 2005, at 1:33 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Some days before, I asked this question on Jira. Without any
> comment, I ask
> it one more time.
>
> After have done this job (Jira OFBIZ-356), I asked myself if it was
> the
> right way to manage i18n of Entity. I think we should manage i18n
> and l10n
> of this data at root. Entity datas in DB came initially from xml
> data files
> which are in data directory of each component. I think we shoud
> create a new
> (even replacement) mechanism (or even an architecture) that takes
> account of
> this fact.
>
> For example, people of Néréides (France) have already taken this into
> account and have created branchs in CVS for Neogia to manage it in
> their own
> global ant job which merges their components with OFBiz components
> (OFBiz
> components remain most part of Neogia actually).
>
> What do you think about that ? Any idea, objection ?

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Bug report

I'll have to look at this later, need to get going this morning...

This generally happens when there is more than one partyId parameter.
For example you could have a partyId in a URL parameter and in a
hidden form field, and that would cause an array to be created. So,
one of the 2 partyIds in the form needs to be removed.

-David

On Jul 19, 2005, at 1:22 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> [...]
> 42 : in
> file:
> component://party/webapp/partymgr/WEB-INF/actions/communication/
> editCommunic
> ation.bsh : delegator .findByPrimaryKey ( "Party" , UtilMisc .toMap (
> "partyId" , partyId ) )
>
> Target exception: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericNotImplementedException: Not
> Implemented Exception while setting value on field [partyId] of entity
> Party: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericNotImplementedException: Java type
> java.util.Arrays$ArrayList not currently supported. Sorry. (Java type
> java.util.Arrays$ArrayList not currently supported. Sorry.)
> (Sourced file:
> component://party/webapp/partymgr/WEB-INF/actions/communication/
> editCommunic
> ation.bsh : Method Invocation delegator.findByPrimaryKey)))

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Question on i18n of Entity labels

Peter Goron
Hi David,

I will complete Jacques message about i18n of entity data in neogia
project.

In order to localized demo data, we have extended entity engine to allow

Example :
java -jar ofbiz.jar -install -locale=fr_FR

When Entity data loader will load DemoProduct.xml :
First it will try to load DemoProduct_fr_FR.xml if present,
else it will try to load DemoProduct_fr.xml if present,
else it will fallback to DemoProduct.xml

This extension is not intended to replace existing solutions to
localized entity data because this solution is not applicable to a
multi-locale site.

Peter

Jacques, cvs and branches are not related to i18n stuff. It's a better
way to track ofbiz evolution instead of keeping a lot of synchronized
patches.

Le mardi 19 juillet 2005 à 07:09 -0500, David E. Jones a écrit :

> Hmmm... You lost me. What is it that you are proposing?
>
> -David
>

> On Jul 19, 2005, at 1:33 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> > Some days before, I asked this question on Jira. Without any
> > comment, I ask
> > it one more time.
> >
> > After have done this job (Jira OFBIZ-356), I asked myself if it was
> > the
> > right way to manage i18n of Entity. I think we should manage i18n
> > and l10n
> > of this data at root. Entity datas in DB came initially from xml
> > data files
> > which are in data directory of each component. I think we shoud
> > create a new
> > (even replacement) mechanism (or even an architecture) that takes
> > account of
> > this fact.
> >
> > For example, people of Néréides (France) have already taken this into
> > account and have created branchs in CVS for Neogia to manage it in
> > their own
> > global ant job which merges their components with OFBiz components
> > (OFBiz
> > components remain most part of Neogia actually).
> >
> > What do you think about that ? Any idea, objection ?
> >
> > Jacques

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Question on i18n of Entity labels

Thanks Peter for this explanation, I must admit that I was not clear. I was
asking myself if it will not be easier to maintain localized data at a root
level in the futur. I was not thinking about demo datas but core datas. I
have no solution to propose, it was just an inner question (intuitive), with
a little argument for others thought... I feel that there is something there
but I can't argue more for the moment, perhaps I'm wrong ;o)

Jacques

> I will complete Jacques message about i18n of entity data in neogia
> project.
>
> In order to localized demo data, we have extended entity engine to allow
>
> Example :
> java -jar ofbiz.jar -install -locale=fr_FR
>
> When Entity data loader will load DemoProduct.xml :
> First it will try to load DemoProduct_fr_FR.xml if present,
> else it will try to load DemoProduct_fr.xml if present,
> else it will fallback to DemoProduct.xml
>
> This extension is not intended to replace existing solutions to
> localized entity data because this solution is not applicable to a
> multi-locale site.
>
> Peter
>

> Jacques, cvs and branches are not related to i18n stuff. It's a better
> way to track ofbiz evolution instead of keeping a lot of synchronized
> patches.
>
> Le mardi 19 juillet 2005 à 07:09 -0500, David E. Jones a écrit :
> > Hmmm... You lost me. What is it that you are proposing?
> >
> > -David
> >

> > On Jul 19, 2005, at 1:33 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> >
> > > Some days before, I asked this question on Jira. Without any
> > > comment, I ask
> > > it one more time.
> > >
> > > After have done this job (Jira OFBIZ-356), I asked myself if it was
> > > the
> > > right way to manage i18n of Entity. I think we should manage i18n
> > > and l10n
> > > of this data at root. Entity datas in DB came initially from xml
> > > data files
> > > which are in data directory of each component. I think we shoud
> > > create a new
> > > (even replacement) mechanism (or even an architecture) that takes
> > > account of
> > > this fact.
> > >
> > > For example, people of Néréides (France) have already taken this into
> > > account and have created branchs in CVS for Neogia to manage it in
> > > their own
> > > global ant job which merges their components with OFBiz components
> > > (OFBiz
> > > components remain most part of Neogia actually).
> > >
> > > What do you think about that ? Any idea, objection ?
> > >
> > > Jacques

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Bug report

Thanks David,

I also have no time for that today but will look at it, tomorrow I hope.

Jacques