[OFBiz] Users - session / cookie cart problem when switching from standard to secure hosts

[OFBiz] Users - session / cookie cart problem when switching from standard to secure hosts

Helmut Eggebert
Hi,

I have read about similar problems on the mailing list but I can't find one
exactly like mine.  My current config is standard http host at www.foo.com
(port 80) and secure https host at foo.securedomain.com (port 443)

When browsing in the ecommerce webapp on www.foo.com adding to cart for a
logged in user works fine as well as viewing cart and recalculating, etc.
However, when viewing cart and click on Checkout the host changes to the
secure host and I get "Cart is empty"

The urls look something like this:

http://www.foo.com/store/control/view/showcart;jsessionid=0C199CCBFC9C028071FC6B62495F3810.jvm1

Then click on Checkout and get the "Cart is empty" at this address:

https://foo.securedomain.com/store/control/checkoutoptions;jsessionid=330715BED7F734E217B37BA3E5CB64AE.jvm1

I tried different addresses in the Content -> WebSites -> Cookie Domain
field but I'm not sure exactly what the Cookie Domain would be for this
configuration.  Would getting this setting right solve my problem?  Can
somebody give me a few clues for how to fill in this field properly?  Is
there something else I might be missing that could fix my problem?

Thanks very much!