OFBiz slogan

I would like to propose a "marketing" slogan for OFBiz.
It could be "Read much, reuse more, code less".

It could be used on the logo (at the bottom of it). On the website main
page, etc.

WDYT ?

Re: OFBiz slogan

snowch
My personal slogan for ofbiz:

"Read much,  learn slowly,  get frustrated,  document the
undocumented,  have a break, then
Reuse more, code less, - admire the power of the framework."

On 3 Apr 2007, at 08:49, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> I would like to propose a "marketing" slogan for OFBiz.
> It could be "Read much, reuse more, code less".
>
> It could be used on the logo (at the bottom of it). On the website
> main
> page, etc.
>
> WDYT ?

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

Re: OFBiz slogan

No a slogan : too long ;o)

Jacques

> My personal slogan for ofbiz:
>
> "Read much,  learn slowly,  get frustrated,  document the
> undocumented,  have a break, then
> Reuse more, code less, - admire the power of the framework."
>

> On 3 Apr 2007, at 08:49, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> > I would like to propose a "marketing" slogan for OFBiz.
> > It could be "Read much, reuse more, code less".
> >
> > It could be used on the logo (at the bottom of it). On the website
> > main
> > page, etc.
> >
> > WDYT ?
> >
> > Jacques
> >

> > --
> > believed to be clean.

> believed to be clean.

Re: OFBiz slogan

Vikash Anand-2
I am thinking of "Read much, reuse more, code less. Plug, play and enjoy"

What do u all say?

On 4/3/07, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to propose a "marketing" slogan for OFBiz.
> It could be "Read much, reuse more, code less".
>
> It could be used on the logo (at the bottom of it). On the website main
> page, etc.
>
> WDYT ?

Re: OFBiz slogan

Mmm I'm afraid "plug, play" is a bit too much... Later perhaps... This
is only my opinion though...

Jacques

> I am thinking of "Read much, reuse more, code less. Plug, play and
enjoy"

> What do u all say?
>
> On 4/3/07, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I would like to propose a "marketing" slogan for OFBiz.
> > It could be "Read much, reuse more, code less".
> >
> > It could be used on the logo (at the bottom of it). On the website
main
> > page, etc.
> >
> > WDYT ?
> >
> > Jacques

Re: OFBiz slogan

David E Jones

How is that a marketing slogan? Ie, what benefit of OFBiz does it
promote and get people excited about?

-David

On Apr 3, 2007, at 3:49 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> I would like to propose a "marketing" slogan for OFBiz.
> It could be "Read much, reuse more, code less".
>
> It could be used on the logo (at the bottom of it). On the website
> main
> page, etc.
>
> WDYT ?

Re: OFBiz slogan

David,

> How is that a marketing slogan? Ie, what benefit of OFBiz does it
> promote and get people excited about?

Hooo, just slogan then, not marketing : facts ! Actually a bit of
marketing for developers. After all, OFBIz is a framework, isn'it ?
That's why I put it 1st on dev ML only.

I think this slogan abstract OFBiz from a developer's POV. It's also to
incite developers to do it that way.

It was just an idea to begin a discussion about that... Putting the
project name on the logo for instance adds no value : we are already
supposed to know that by context. Of course this last point is arguable.

Perhaps it's too early for a slogan ? Have you a better idea to promote
and get people excited about OFBiz ? IMHO facts are best at this
stage.

> On Apr 3, 2007, at 3:49 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> > I would like to propose a "marketing" slogan for OFBiz.
> > It could be "Read much, reuse more, code less".
> >
> > It could be used on the logo (at the bottom of it). On the website
> > main
> > page, etc.
> >
> > WDYT ?
> >
> > Jacques

Re: OFBiz slogan

snowch
"Agile ERP Development with Apache Ofbiz"

However, I think it is too early for a slogan - Ofbiz won't be quick
(or agile) until there is good documentation.  I'm trying to remedy
that by documenting ofbiz myself, but I am finding it difficult to
get help through the mailing lists.

Chris

On 3 Apr 2007, at 13:04, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> David,
>
>> How is that a marketing slogan? Ie, what benefit of OFBiz does it
>> promote and get people excited about?
>
> Hooo, just slogan then, not marketing : facts ! Actually a bit of
> marketing for developers. After all, OFBIz is a framework, isn'it ?
> That's why I put it 1st on dev ML only.
>
> I think this slogan abstract OFBiz from a developer's POV. It's
> also to
> incite developers to do it that way.
>
> It was just an idea to begin a discussion about that... Putting the
> project name on the logo for instance adds no value : we are already
> supposed to know that by context. Of course this last point is
> arguable.
>
> Perhaps it's too early for a slogan ? Have you a better idea to
> promote
> and get people excited about OFBiz ? IMHO facts are best at this
> stage.
>
> Jacques
>

>> -David
>>

>> On Apr 3, 2007, at 3:49 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to propose a "marketing" slogan for OFBiz.
>>> It could be "Read much, reuse more, code less".
>>>
>>> It could be used on the logo (at the bottom of it). On the website
>>> main
>>> page, etc.
>>>
>>> WDYT ?
>>>
>>> Jacques