Oagis Implementation

BJ Freeman
any docs or information as to the direction that is being taken
This looks a lot like EDI and VANs stuff
so If I can leverage Oagis to implement the EDI and VANS stuff I have in
mind would like to have some stuff on the wiki.

Re: Oagis Implementation

I think much of it is in the Oagis site http://www.openapplications.org/ (but I don't know much I must confess)
Here is a summary : http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-oagis/
(1st 2 links in Google, I did not force myself :)

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
> any docs or information as to the direction that is being taken
> This looks a lot like EDI and VANs stuff
> so If I can leverage Oagis to implement the EDI and VANS stuff I have in
> mind would like to have some stuff on the wiki.

Re: Oagis Implementation

BJ Freeman
I did research oagis.
I was hoping that who ever put it in specialpurpose might respond.
it does not look complete and did not want to tred on toes.
I was wondering if it was more to allow other system to communicate this
way with ofbiz, or if it could be built out to communnicate with other
systems.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 8/4/2008 1:45 PM:

From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
>I did research oagis.
> I was hoping that who ever put it in specialpurpose might respond.

I think they will... I suppose HWM is using it...

> it does not look complete and did not want to tred on toes.
> I was wondering if it was more to allow other system to communicate this
> way with ofbiz, or if it could be built out to communnicate with other
> systems.

Yes, it's the goal, as you said it's a new kind of EDI but also to be used like ETL tools. But I should stop now, as it's only what
I know :o)

Jacques

> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 8/4/2008 1:45 PM:
>> I think much of it is in the Oagis site http://www.openapplications.org/
>> (but I don't know much I must confess)
>> Here is a summary :
>> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-oagis/ (1st 2 links in
>> Google, I did not force myself :)
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
>>> any docs or information as to the direction that is being taken
>>> This looks a lot like EDI and VANs stuff
>>> so If I can leverage Oagis to implement the EDI and VANS stuff I have in
>>> mind would like to have some stuff on the wiki.

Re: Oagis Implementation

David E Jones

On Aug 4, 2008, at 3:26 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
>> I did research oagis.
>> I was hoping that who ever put it in specialpurpose might respond.
>
> I think they will... I suppose HWM is using it...

Don't get your hopes up too much... ;)

BTW, you can find out who to ask by looking at commit logs.

>> it does not look complete and did not want to tred on toes.
>> I was wondering if it was more to allow other system to communicate
>> this
>> way with ofbiz, or if it could be built out to communnicate with
>> other
>> systems.
>
> Yes, it's the goal, as you said it's a new kind of EDI but also to
> be used like ETL tools. But I should stop now, as it's only what I
> know :o)

So far not enough has been implemented to go to and from OFBiz, and
only enough has been implemented to communicate with other systems.

You can get answers to this sort of question pretty easily, even by
looking at the service defs and such (one for each message sent and
received). When you do that you'll see that only a very small
percentage of all of the OAGIS messages has been covered by the
implementation. There is a lot of infrastructure, however, so adding
other messages should be significantly less work.

-David