OfBiz Database Installation

Brendan Vogt
Hi,

I am new to this kind of setup.  I am a C# programmer, and I am used to
clicking a couple of times then everything is installed and ready to go.  I
am wanting to try out the OfBiz application.

After hours of trying to get the source code, I managed to download it.  Now
I am following the installation steps as set out in:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setu
p+Guide

I am busy with the section under Database Setup.  I have SQL Server 2005,
but want to use Postgres database.  I have it installed as well.  I have
added the JDBC driver .rar in the directory which they said I must.

Question

I have no idea what the following means:

1. If using the default OFBiz transaction manager and connection pool,
update the data URI, username and password in the inline-jdbc tag

2. If you want your OFBiz tables in a special schema first create that
schema in your database, then set the schema-name attribute on the
datasource tag

3. Find the "default" delegator near the top of the file and change the
datasource-name attribute value in the group-map tag under it to the name of
the data source you modified or created.

What is the OFBiz transaction manager and connection pool?

Regards,

Brendan

Re: OfBiz Database Installation

De : "Brendan Vogt" <[hidden email]>

> Question
>
> I have no idea what the following means:
>

> 1. If using the default OFBiz transaction manager and connection pool,
> update the data URI, username and password in the inline-jdbc tag
>
> 2. If you want your OFBiz tables in a special schema first create that
> schema in your database, then set the schema-name attribute on the
> datasource tag
>
> 3. Find the "default" delegator near the top of the file and change the
> datasource-name attribute value in the group-map tag under it to the name of
> the data source you modified or created.
>

> What is the OFBiz transaction manager and connection pool?

You can forget all that for a 1st approach. Default param. are ok. Just set Postgres as BJ explained.

Jacques