OfBiz - Shipping Process and Integration [Shipping Label]

OfBiz - Shipping Process and Integration [Shipping Label]

pratyush Giri
Hi All,

I am trying to integrate Shipping into my Ecommerce Site.

I played around in the demo trunk unsuccessfully.

My understanding of the process is this:

1. An order is created and approved. During the order finalization process, a shipping method is selected (I am interested in UPS, FedEx, and DHL)

2. Order is approved.

3. Order is packed at this time, a shipment is created.

Question: How do I generate the shipping label, so that I can print and hand it over to the carrier for shipping? I did not see any option to do that. Also, there is a quick ship option that marks the order/shipment to be shipped. What does this mean? To me, it seems like a status update and not real shipping at this point.  How can I ship a package without a shipping label? The only option I saw was "Confirm with Carrier" when I clicked on that option I got the error message "UPS Shipment Gateway Configuration is not available"

Once the Order is complete, I have an option. to return, and on accepting the return, I see an email of the return shipping label option.

- UPS, it says - UPS Shipment Gateway Configuration is not available
- FedEx - I do not see this option.
- DHL - I do not see this option.

Questions:
1. Does the return shipping label works only for UPS?
2. What configurations need to be done to make these work - to get rid of message "<Carrier> Shipment Gateway Configuration is not available"?

For FedEx, I tried putting the following info from my test account
- Access Account Number
- Access Meter Number
- Access User Key
- Access User Password

However, clicking on the update button shows an error "java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0"

Best,
Pratyush