SEO

Brendan Vogt
How does OFBiz do with search engines?  Is OFBiz search engine friendly?
Normally there is a webpage extension like .aspx or .htm, but with OFBiz
there is no page extension.

How is it possible to get user friendly URLs in OFBiz?  Is this possible?
What I mean is neater and nicer looking URLs, in .NET we call it URL
rewriting.

Brendan

Re: SEO

Looks like it's time to train on Nabble : http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?local=y&forum=2740&query=seo
Or MarkMail : http://ofbiz.markmail.org/search/?q=seo
Or to look at OFBiz doc :
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo#FAQ-Tips-Tricks-Cookbook-HowTo-Searches to help doing
both above...

Jacques

From: "Brendan Vogt" <[hidden email]>

> How does OFBiz do with search engines?  Is OFBiz search engine friendly?
> Normally there is a webpage extension like .aspx or .htm, but with OFBiz
> there is no page extension.
>

> How is it possible to get user friendly URLs in OFBiz?  Is this possible?
> What I mean is neater and nicer looking URLs, in .NET we call it URL
> rewriting.
>

> Brendan

Re: SEO

Also, though I have asked about it I finally did not use it but plain Apache HTTPD functionnalities (mode_rewrite, etc.) but you may
have a look at http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

Jacques

> Looks like it's time to train on Nabble : http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?local=y&forum=2740&query=seo
> Or MarkMail : http://ofbiz.markmail.org/search/?q=seo
> Or to look at OFBiz doc :
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo#FAQ-Tips-Tricks-Cookbook-HowTo-Searches to help doing
> both above...
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Brendan Vogt" <[hidden email]>
>> How does OFBiz do with search engines?  Is OFBiz search engine friendly?
>> Normally there is a webpage extension like .aspx or .htm, but with OFBiz
>> there is no page extension.
>>

>> How is it possible to get user friendly URLs in OFBiz?  Is this possible?
>> What I mean is neater and nicer looking URLs, in .NET we call it URL
>> rewriting.
>>

>> Brendan

RE: SEO

Brendan Vogt
Show me the website that works on what you did?

Also, though I have asked about it I finally did not use it but plain Apache
HTTPD functionnalities (mode_rewrite, etc.) but you may
have a look at http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

Jacques

> Looks like it's time to train on Nabble :
http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?local=y&forum=2740&query=seo
> Or MarkMail : http://ofbiz.markmail.org/search/?q=seo
> Or to look at OFBiz doc :

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo#F
AQ-Tips-Tricks-Cookbook-HowTo-Searches to help doing

> both above...
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Brendan Vogt" <[hidden email]>
>> How does OFBiz do with search engines?  Is OFBiz search engine friendly?
>> Normally there is a webpage extension like .aspx or .htm, but with OFBiz
>> there is no page extension.
>>

>> How is it possible to get user friendly URLs in OFBiz?  Is this possible?
>> What I mean is neater and nicer looking URLs, in .NET we call it URL
>> rewriting.
>>

>> Brendan

Re: SEO

Not perfect, but enough for their needs so far. One simple example using a rewriterule inside a mod_jk virtual server on a static
page inside OFBiz directories structure  http://www.labelleecole.fr/smartbox

I guess you will have to learn some Apache rudiments or dig into Turkey possibillities

Jacques

From: "Brendan Vogt" <[hidden email]>

> Show me the website that works on what you did?

Re: SEO

David E Jones

By default OFBiz doesn't use extensions on URL "file" names, but you
can certainly use them, just have a ".html" on your request-map -> uri
attributes, and in all documents that link to the given requests of
course. We did this (for the fun of it) on www.undersunconsulting.com.

Still, this doesn't really have anything to do with search engine
optimization as search engines generally don't care about the file
extensions on URLs. There are lots of other things important for that
and quite a few tools in OFBiz to help out with it too.

-David

On Jan 3, 2008, at 4:55 AM, Brendan Vogt wrote:

> How does OFBiz do with search engines?  Is OFBiz search engine
> friendly?
> Normally there is a webpage extension like .aspx or .htm, but with
> OFBiz
> there is no page extension.
>

> How is it possible to get user friendly URLs in OFBiz?  Is this
> possible?
> What I mean is neater and nicer looking URLs, in .NET we call it URL
> rewriting.
>

> Brendan

Re: SEO

annu895
search engine position comes from your site’s structure and your content strategy. SEO Signifies search engine optimization Marketing, which means you can do search engine optimization using search engine optimization.