Ofbiz IDE

Chandresh Turakhia
Dear all ,

I download Ofbiz IDE. Works great.

Need to know. Is there any IDE for mini-lang. May be I did
not do setting right.

Also Freemarker IDE does not seem to make WSIWYG (
basically like front page. ) . I am ready to buy MyEclipse
type stuff. Can it then become like front page.

Basically Team to accept ofbiz they need IDE. I am fine if
any other open source or commercial IDE open .ftl files in
WSIWUG ( front page style )

Chand

http://www.bhartitelesoft.com
Telecommunication and E-Commerce solutions for the future.

Re: Ofbiz IDE

Chandresh Turakhia
Dear all ,

http://www.aptana.com/index.php

I found this interesting. Is the license ok.

Chand

-
> http://www.bhartitelesoft.com
> Telecommunication and E-Commerce solutions for the
future.

http://www.bhartitelesoft.com
Telecommunication and E-Commerce solutions for the future.

Re: Ofbiz IDE

Anil Patel-2
Chand,
Enterprise applications like Ofbiz cannot be developed using RAD tools. If
you want to do anything serious and worth using then spend at least 200hrs
learning about ofbiz. There is lot of information on Ofbiz site for help.
Work on open issues in Jira and contribute patches.
Business process implemented in Ofbiz are much more complex as compared to
developing of services in mini lang using Simple IDE like Eclipse.

Anil

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all ,
>
> http://www.aptana.com/index.php
>
> I found this interesting. Is the license ok.
>
> Chand
>

> > Dear all ,
> >
> > I download Ofbiz IDE. Works great.
> >
> > Need to know. Is there any IDE for mini-lang. May be I
> did
> > not do setting right.
> >
> > Also Freemarker IDE does not seem to make WSIWYG (
> > basically like front page. ) . I am ready to buy
> MyEclipse
> > type stuff. Can it then become like front page.
> >
> > Basically Team to accept ofbiz they need IDE. I am fine
> if
> > any other open source or commercial IDE open .ftl files
> in
> > WSIWUG ( front page style )
> >
> > Chand

> -
> > http://www.bhartitelesoft.com
> > Telecommunication and E-Commerce solutions for the
> future.

> http://www.bhartitelesoft.com
> Telecommunication and E-Commerce solutions for the future.

Re: Ofbiz IDE

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Hi Chandresh,

>> Is there any IDE for mini-lang. May be I did not do
setting right.
XML buddy plugin is there for Mini Lang development
and
if you will buy MyEclipse there is an XML inbuilt
editor provided by MyEclipse.

There is no WSIWYG editor provided for ftl.I always
noticed that people comes from Struts and other
framework looks for WSIWYG :-)

>> I am ready to buy MyEclipse type stuff. Can it then
become like front page.
No it will not work like a front page.
But I am using MyEclipse and its really excellent.

>> I am fine if any other open source or commercial
IDE open .ftl files in
 >> WSIWUG ( front page style )
Download the latest Eclipse version(3.2.2) with
inbuild WTP project.That will be helpful for you.

This kind of questions should be posted to the user
list, the dev list is intended for the discussions
about the development around the official OFBiz trunk.
Also  you'll get a better chance to get a quick
response there.

Thanks and Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

--- [hidden email] wrote:

> Dear all ,
>
> I download Ofbiz IDE. Works great.
>
> Need to know. Is there any IDE for mini-lang. May be
> I did
> not do setting right.
>
> Also Freemarker IDE does not seem to make WSIWYG (
> basically like front page. ) . I am ready to buy
> MyEclipse
> type stuff. Can it then become like front page.
>
> Basically Team to accept ofbiz they need IDE. I am
> fine if
> any other open source or commercial IDE open .ftl
> files in
> WSIWUG ( front page style )
>
> Chand

> http://www.bhartitelesoft.com
> Telecommunication and E-Commerce solutions for the
> future.

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

Re: Ofbiz IDE

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Hi Chandresh,

--- [hidden email] wrote:

> Dear all ,
>
> I download Ofbiz IDE. Works great.
>
> Need to know. Is there any IDE for mini-lang. May be
> I did
> not do setting right.
>
> Also Freemarker IDE does not seem to make WSIWYG (
> basically like front page. ) . I am ready to buy
> MyEclipse
> type stuff. Can it then become like front page.
>
> Basically Team to accept ofbiz they need IDE. I am
> fine if
> any other open source or commercial IDE open .ftl
> files in
> WSIWUG ( front page style )
>
> Chand

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index

Re: Ofbiz IDE

David E Jones-2

On Dec 8, 2006, at 1:49 AM, Anil Patel wrote:

> Chand,
> Enterprise applications like Ofbiz cannot be developed using RAD
> tools.

This isn't exactly true. In a way the OFBiz framework itself is a RAD
tool.

Back to the point of WYSIWYG tools, just because they don't exist
doesn't mean they can't exist...

If you have people designing pages you can certainly create them in
something like FrontPage or DreamWeaver and then have someone with
more experience split them up and make them dynamic in FTL files.
Even Struts has this sort of problem where it is difficult to really
use a WYSIWYG tool because those only support certain templating
tools and page composition tools (if any) and such.

-David