One page checkout

Abhishake Agarwal
Hi,

I have implemented one page checkout which has less number clicks than
implemented in ofbiz.
Please let me know if this can be included in obfiz.

Please look at the implementation at
https://www.battech.co.uk/shop/control/checkout.

Regards,
Abhishake

Re: One page checkout

Vikas Mayur-3
Abhishake, I did not find much difference in the one page checkout
implemented in OFBiz with the one referred by you except that there is
no separate panel for shipping methods.
There is a reason to keep shipping method in a separate panel (just
after shipping address) 'cause it is how the OFBiz system works to
calculate shipping rates though this behavior can be changed for any
custom application.

Other then this there are no major differences.
I find out few things that are missing on one page referred by you.
1) One can not edit the cart on one page
2) Edit shipping address takes the user to a different page

Also there are few things that are missing in OFBiz one page checkout
and which can be implemented in future, is to support different method
of payment.

HTH

Vikas

On Nov 12, 2008, at 6:45 PM, Abhishake Agarwal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have implemented one page checkout which has less number clicks than
> implemented in ofbiz.
> Please let me know if this can be included in obfiz.
>
> Please look at the implementation at
> https://www.battech.co.uk/shop/control/checkout.
>
> Regards,
> Abhishake

Re: One page checkout

Sumit Pandit-3
Abhishake,

Yes you did a good implementation. Really nice UI.
And it's true that it contain less clicks in compare to ofbiz. May be requirement difference there, Your project works for less requirement. Like Ofbiz implementation provide Anonymous checkout option as well. There are comparatively less functionality over there in your project(mentioned in Vikas's mail).

I can understand, it the functionality depend on client's requirement. What client want and which feature he want.

Thanks you Abhishake. Appreciate.

Abhishake, I did not find much difference in the one page checkout
implemented in OFBiz with the one referred by you except that there is
no separate panel for shipping methods.
There is a reason to keep shipping method in a separate panel (just
after shipping address) 'cause it is how the OFBiz system works to
calculate shipping rates though this behavior can be changed for any
custom application.

Other then this there are no major differences.
I find out few things that are missing on one page referred by you.
1) One can not edit the cart on one page
2) Edit shipping address takes the user to a different page

Also there are few things that are missing in OFBiz one page checkout
and which can be implemented in future, is to support different method
of payment.

HTH

Vikas

On Nov 12, 2008, at 6:45 PM, Abhishake Agarwal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have implemented one page checkout which has less number clicks than
> implemented in ofbiz.
> Please let me know if this can be included in obfiz.
>
> Please look at the implementation at
> https://www.battech.co.uk/shop/control/checkout.
>
> Regards,
> Abhishake

Re: One page checkout

brajeshpatel
Abhishake,
   I have seen your check out process that is looking good to me but some
issue is there with different requirement in your project and OFBiz
(Mentioned in Vikas and Sumit reply) In OFBiz if we create account then no
need to log in just after that if we are going for checkout but in your
check out precess it is.
--
Regards
Brajesh Patel

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Sumit Pandit <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Abhishake,
>
> Yes you did a good implementation. Really nice UI.
> And it's true that it contain less clicks in compare to ofbiz. May be
> requirement difference there, Your project works for less requirement. Like
> Ofbiz implementation provide Anonymous checkout option as well. There are
> comparatively less functionality over there in your project(mentioned in
> Vikas's mail).
>
> I can understand, it the functionality depend on client's requirement. What
> client want and which feature he want.
>
> Thanks you Abhishake. Appreciate.

Re: One page checkout

Chirag Manocha-2
Abhishake,
I saw your implementation. Its good one that less clicks are required as
per your implementation.
But we cant put it in OFBiz because OFBiz is a open source project and
there should be standard implementation so that anyone can reuse it and
as per the customize requirements, developer can make customize code short.
With this there should be each and every standard functionality, which
can be required in development, implemented in OFBiz.

Regards
---
Chirag Manocha
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.
www.hotwaxmedia.com
email :- [hidden email]
contact :- +91.982.631.9099

Re: One page checkout

Abhishake Agarwal
Hi,

Yes the implementation is according to client requirement, but as per my
experience most of the client needs only this much functionality and no
option to add credit card.

I think this may be suitable for such kind of user.

Regards,
Abhishake

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Chirag Manocha <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Abhishake,
> I saw your implementation. Its good one that less clicks are required as
> per your implementation.
> But we cant put it in OFBiz because OFBiz is a open source project and
> there should be standard implementation so that anyone can reuse it and as
> per the customize requirements, developer can make customize code short.
> With this there should be each and every standard functionality, which can
> be required in development, implemented in OFBiz.
>
> Regards
> ---
> Chirag Manocha
> HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.
> www.hotwaxmedia.com
> email :- [hidden email]
> contact :- +91.982.631.9099

Re: One page checkout

brajeshpatel
Abhishake,
   As you mention in your reply that it was your client's requirement. One
page check out is general purpose check out process in OFBiz so every one
can use it according to their requirement.
--
Regards
Brajesh Patel

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Abhishake Agarwal <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes the implementation is according to client requirement, but as per my
> experience most of the client needs only this much functionality and no
> option to add credit card.
>
> I think this may be suitable for such kind of user.
>
> Regards,
> Abhishake
>

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Chirag Manocha <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Abhishake,
> > I saw your implementation. Its good one that less clicks are required as
> > per your implementation.
> > But we cant put it in OFBiz because OFBiz is a open source project and
> > there should be standard implementation so that anyone can reuse it and
> as
> > per the customize requirements, developer can make customize code short.
> > With this there should be each and every standard functionality, which
> can
> > be required in development, implemented in OFBiz.
> >
> > Regards
> > ---
> > Chirag Manocha
> > HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.
> > www.hotwaxmedia.com
> > email :- [hidden email]
> > contact :- +91.982.631.9099

Re: One page checkout

The basis of ofbiz is to provide as much functionality ,so developers
like me an you can pick and choose what we want to use.
if you think you implementation is something you like to share then open
a jira and put in a patch. Then it will be there if someone want to use
your version. Maybe someday we will have a contribution section for
things like this. However we need a lot more man power before that happens.
It will probably not be put in the trunk, unless it adds functionality,
to the already existing one.

Abhishake Agarwal sent the following on 11/12/2008 10:31 PM:

> Hi,
>
> Yes the implementation is according to client requirement, but as per my
> experience most of the client needs only this much functionality and no
> option to add credit card.
>
> I think this may be suitable for such kind of user.
>
> Regards,
> Abhishake
>

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Chirag Manocha <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Abhishake,
>> I saw your implementation. Its good one that less clicks are required as
>> per your implementation.
>> But we cant put it in OFBiz because OFBiz is a open source project and
>> there should be standard implementation so that anyone can reuse it and as
>> per the customize requirements, developer can make customize code short.
>> With this there should be each and every standard functionality, which can
>> be required in development, implemented in OFBiz.
>>
>> Regards
>> ---
>> Chirag Manocha
>> HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.
>> www.hotwaxmedia.com
>> email :- [hidden email]
>> contact :- +91.982.631.9099

Re: One page checkout

Pranay Pandey-2
Hello Abhishek,

I also went through this. This really seems cool. But definitely there
are few things which are better than the one we already have in OFBiz,
Like I can tell is the validations at the time when a required field
left blank.(User friendly validation).
Definitely there may be few things which you can patch up the existing
one page checkout which is already there.

Thanks & Regards
--
Pranay Pandey

On Nov 12, 2008, at 6:45 PM, Abhishake Agarwal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have implemented one page checkout which has less number clicks than
> implemented in ofbiz.
> Please let me know if this can be included in obfiz.
>
> Please look at the implementation at
> https://www.battech.co.uk/shop/control/checkout.
>
> Regards,
> Abhishake

Re: One page checkout

Abhishake Agarwal
Thanks, I will try to put more functionality in it and will soon put the
patch in jira

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Pranay Pandey <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Abhishek,
>
> I also went through this. This really seems cool. But definitely there are
> few things which are better than the one we already have in OFBiz, Like I
> can tell is the validations at the time when a required field left
> blank.(User friendly validation).
> Definitely there may be few things which you can patch up the existing one
> page checkout which is already there.
>

> Thanks & Regards
> --
> Pranay Pandey
>

> On Nov 12, 2008, at 6:45 PM, Abhishake Agarwal wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> I have implemented one page checkout which has less number clicks than
>> implemented in ofbiz.
>> Please let me know if this can be included in obfiz.
>>
>> Please look at the implementation at
>> https://www.battech.co.uk/shop/control/checkout.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Abhishake

Re: One page checkout

Pranay Pandey-2
Abhishek if you really want to do that then first you will have to find those gaps which may be there in the existing one page checkout of ofbiz and yours one. As this checkout follows the standards of business processes and we have to think about all the scenarios while writing a checkout process.

This checkout process is having maximum possible options available in it, and can be reused as per the custom need. If you find few gaps then opening a Jira issue will be a good thing to do then onwards by discussing them your patch can be committed by one of the committers, but it should not be affecting other places.

You will have to keep in mind all the scenarios while doing so.

Thanks & Regards
--
Pranay Pandey