Order Status Change if CC capture fails

Dave Tenerowicz
Can anyone tell me if the order status should change if a credit card
capture fails? If the orderStatus changes, what should it change to?

Or is there (only) a change in the status of the corresponding status of
the OrderPaymentPreference?

--
Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8330

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
For ERP Information: http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

Re: Order Status Change if CC capture fails

David E Jones

No, the order status shouldn't change.

The OrderPaymentPreference should change, as should the corresponding
Payment record if applicable. The capture is generally triggered by
an invoice being created and processed with a payment to balance the
invoice.

-David

On Oct 22, 2007, at 3:27 PM, Dave Tenerowicz wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if the order status should change if a credit
> card capture fails? If the orderStatus changes, what should it
> change to?
>
> Or is there (only) a change in the status of the corresponding
> status of the OrderPaymentPreference?
>
> --
> Dave Tenerowicz
> [hidden email]
>
> Office: 303.493.6727
> Mobile 303.906.6116
> Fax 303.814.8330
>
> Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
> For ERP Information: http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/
> ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

Re: Order Status Change if CC capture fails

Dave Tenerowicz
OK, that's what I thought. So if someone wants to get a list of Orders
for which captures failed it cannot be done using the Find Order screen.
Is there any search screen in the system that we can recommend - or do
we need to create a screen?
thanks
-Dave

David E Jones wrote:

> No, the order status shouldn't change.
>
> The OrderPaymentPreference should change, as should the corresponding
> Payment record if applicable. The capture is generally triggered by an
> invoice being created and processed with a payment to balance the
> invoice.
>
> -David
>

> On Oct 22, 2007, at 3:27 PM, Dave Tenerowicz wrote:
>
>> Can anyone tell me if the order status should change if a credit card
>> capture fails? If the orderStatus changes, what should it change to?
>>
>> Or is there (only) a change in the status of the corresponding status
>> of the OrderPaymentPreference?
>>
>> --
>> Dave Tenerowicz
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> Office: 303.493.6727
>> Mobile 303.906.6116
>> Fax 303.814.8330
>>
>> Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
>> For ERP Information:
>> http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

--
Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8330

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
For ERP Information: http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

Re: Order Status Change if CC capture fails

BJ Freeman
look up the PAYMENT_ statuses
https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=StatusValidChange&find=true&VIEW_SIZE=50&VIEW_INDEX=0

Dave Tenerowicz sent the following on 10/22/2007 2:42 PM:

> OK, that's what I thought. So if someone wants to get a list of Orders
> for which captures failed it cannot be done using the Find Order screen.
> Is there any search screen in the system that we can recommend - or do
> we need to create a screen?
> thanks
> -Dave
>
> David E Jones wrote:
>>
>> No, the order status shouldn't change.
>>
>> The OrderPaymentPreference should change, as should the corresponding
>> Payment record if applicable. The capture is generally triggered by an
>> invoice being created and processed with a payment to balance the
>> invoice.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Oct 22, 2007, at 3:27 PM, Dave Tenerowicz wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone tell me if the order status should change if a credit card
>>> capture fails? If the orderStatus changes, what should it change to?
>>>
>>> Or is there (only) a change in the status of the corresponding status
>>> of the OrderPaymentPreference?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dave Tenerowicz
>>> [hidden email]
>>>
>>> Office: 303.493.6727
>>> Mobile 303.906.6116
>>> Fax 303.814.8330
>>>
>>> Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
>>> For ERP Information:
>>> http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

Re: Order Status Change if CC capture fails

Dave Tenerowicz
Thanks BJ.  I can't believe I never noticed this entity before. This is
a great help!
Do you have any idea what the conditionExpression column is intended
for? It is not populated as far as I can tell

Thanks again!
-Dave

BJ Freeman wrote:

> look up the PAYMENT_ statuses
> https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=StatusValidChange&find=true&VIEW_SIZE=50&VIEW_INDEX=0
>

> Dave Tenerowicz sent the following on 10/22/2007 2:42 PM:
>
>> OK, that's what I thought. So if someone wants to get a list of Orders
>> for which captures failed it cannot be done using the Find Order screen.
>> Is there any search screen in the system that we can recommend - or do
>> we need to create a screen?
>> thanks
>> -Dave
>>
>> David E Jones wrote:
>>
>>> No, the order status shouldn't change.
>>>
>>> The OrderPaymentPreference should change, as should the corresponding
>>> Payment record if applicable. The capture is generally triggered by an
>>> invoice being created and processed with a payment to balance the
>>> invoice.
>>>
>>> -David

--
Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8330

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
For ERP Information: http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

Re: Order Status Change if CC capture fails

BJ Freeman
mine is very populated.
suggest you load the seed and demo data and look again.

Dave Tenerowicz sent the following on 10/23/2007 2:48 PM:

> Thanks BJ.  I can't believe I never noticed this entity before. This is
> a great help!
> Do you have any idea what the conditionExpression column is intended
> for? It is not populated as far as I can tell
>
> Thanks again!
> -Dave
>
> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> look up the PAYMENT_ statuses
>> https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=StatusValidChange&find=true&VIEW_SIZE=50&VIEW_INDEX=0
>>

>> Dave Tenerowicz sent the following on 10/22/2007 2:42 PM:
>>
>>> OK, that's what I thought. So if someone wants to get a list of Orders
>>> for which captures failed it cannot be done using the Find Order screen.
>>> Is there any search screen in the system that we can recommend - or do
>>> we need to create a screen?
>>> thanks
>>> -Dave

Re: Order Status Change if CC capture fails

Dave Tenerowicz
We'll have to reload seed data. Not a single row in this entity is
populated with conditionExpression values in the instance I am looking at.
Thanks