Order Tasks

sebastianscheid
Hi,

I do not understand the link between a work effort and an order. There is this tab Order Tasks under an order, but it is always empty, even if I have a work effort pointing to this order.

Is there a possibility to link the status of an order to the work efforts. E.g. the order could switch to status completed if all associated tasks have been completed.

Thanks for help.
With best regards
Sebastian

Re: Order Tasks

BJ Freeman
Order task are generated automatically by ofbiz.
I don't believe the work efforts report to this screen currently.

sebastianscheid sent the following on 4/30/2008 6:54 AM:

> Hi,
>
> I do not understand the link between a work effort and an order. There is
> this tab Order Tasks under an order, but it is always empty, even if I have
> a work effort pointing to this order.
>
> Is there a possibility to link the status of an order to the work efforts.
> E.g. the order could switch to status completed if all associated tasks have
> been completed.
>
> Thanks for help.
> With best regards
> Sebastian

Re: Order Tasks

sebastianscheid
BJ Freeman wrote
Order task are generated automatically by ofbiz.
I don't believe the work efforts report to this screen currently.
You mean, an Order Task is not the same as a Work Effort with type task that is linked to an order?
How and when does ofbiz generate these tasks? Can I influence the status of the order by completing the order tasks?

Re: Order Tasks

BJ Freeman
I stand corrected. Last time I looked Statuses were the only thing that
updated the list
now in the Trunk
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/ArtifactInfo?type=service&uniqueId=updateTaskStatus
requires a workEffortId

if you go to
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/ArtifactInfo
and enter
task
you will get all the artifacts that are related

sigh means a lot of re-coding for any custom code written in 4.0 or less.

sebastianscheid sent the following on 5/2/2008 1:26 AM: