PDF Archive

sqlien
Hi,

does Ofbiz support the format pdf/a ?

Regards

Re: PDF Archive

Are you kidding ?

Jacques

De : "sqlien" <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> does Ofbiz support the format pdf/a ?
>
> Regards

Re: PDF Archive

sqlien
I mean pdf /archive (ISO 19005-1:2005) format  not pdf

jacques.le.roux wrote
Are you kidding ?

Jacques

De : "sqlien" <smailinfo_dz@yahoo.fr>

> Hi,
>
> does Ofbiz support the format pdf/a ?
>
> Regards

Re: PDF Archive

Krzysztof Podejma
yes and no
it is related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1110,
unfortunately I don't have time to finish this issue for now.
you can generate font metrics by yourself and embed them in documents, by
editing pdf templates.

Krzysztof Podejma

2007/9/4, sqlien <[hidden email]>:

> I mean pdf /archive (ISO 19005-1:2005) format  not pdf
>

> jacques.le.roux wrote:
> >
> > Are you kidding ?
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> > De : "sqlien" <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> does Ofbiz support the format pdf/a ?
> >>
> >> Regards

Re: PDF Archive

Sorry,

Jacques

De : "sqlien" <[hidden email]>

> I mean pdf /archive (ISO 19005-1:2005) format  not pdf
>

> jacques.le.roux wrote:
> >
> > Are you kidding ?
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> > De : "sqlien" <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> does Ofbiz support the format pdf/a ?
> >>
> >> Regards

Re: PDF Archive

Christian Geisert
sqlien schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> does Ofbiz support the format pdf/a ?

FOP (which is used by OFBiz to generate PDFs) supports PDF/A, see
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/pdfa.html

So it would need a small change in OFBiz to activate PDF/A
(best would be to do this via configuration)

Christian

Re: PDF Archive

Christian Geisert
Krzysztof Podejma schrieb:
> yes and no
> it is related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1110,
> unfortunately I don't have time to finish this issue for now.
> you can generate font metrics by yourself and embed them in documents, by
> editing pdf templates.

Embedded fonts are just a part of PDF/A, but the good news is that FOP
0.94 supports font auto detection (so no more generating fonts metrics
manually ;-)
I'm currently testing OFBiz with FOP 0.94 (and noticed a problem...)

Christian