PO creation for aggregated product for a drop ship group is broken?

PO creation for aggregated product for a drop ship group is broken?

Ritesh Trivedi
Hi,

If you have an aggregate (configurable) product in the cart with the dropship supplier corresponding PO is not generated. This happens because in OrderServices.checkCreateDropShipPurchaseOrders when new ShoppingCartItem is created for the PO, it is not passed the configWrapper (a null is passed) and due to this ShoppingCartItem.makePurchaseOrderItem() on line 205 it throws CartItemModifyException.

Wondering how can I fix this - because it seems like at this point the config itself is not saved in product_config_config and original ShoppingCartItem is not passed in the context (not sure why). If original ShoppingCartItem was passed, corresponding configwrapper could have been passed to create corresponding PO item.

Will appreciate faster response since this is breaking the flow.

Re: PO creation for aggregated product for a drop ship group is broken?

BJ Freeman
create a patch and put in a jira.

Ritesh Trivedi sent the following on 9/22/2008 11:57 AM:

> Hi,
>
> If you have an aggregate (configurable) product in the cart with the
> dropship supplier corresponding PO is not generated. This happens because in
> OrderServices.checkCreateDropShipPurchaseOrders when new ShoppingCartItem is
> created for the PO, it is not passed the configWrapper (a null is passed)
> and due to this ShoppingCartItem.makePurchaseOrderItem() on line 205 it
> throws CartItemModifyException.
>
> Wondering how can I fix this - because it seems like at this point the
> config itself is not saved in product_config_config and original
> ShoppingCartItem is not passed in the context (not sure why). If original
> ShoppingCartItem was passed, corresponding configwrapper could have been
> passed to create corresponding PO item.
>
> Will appreciate faster response since this is breaking the flow.

Re: PO creation for aggregated product for a drop ship group is broken?

Bilgin Ibryam
On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 11:57 -0700, Ritesh Trivedi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you have an aggregate (configurable) product in the cart with the
> dropship supplier corresponding PO is not generated. This happens
> because in
> OrderServices.checkCreateDropShipPurchaseOrders when new
> ShoppingCartItem is
> created for the PO, it is not passed the configWrapper (a null is
> passed)
> and due to this ShoppingCartItem.makePurchaseOrderItem() on line 205
> it
> throws CartItemModifyException.
>
> Wondering how can I fix this - because it seems like at this point the
> config itself is not saved in product_config_config and original
> ShoppingCartItem is not passed in the context (not sure why). If
> original
> ShoppingCartItem was passed, corresponding configwrapper could have
> been
> passed to create corresponding PO item.
>
> Will appreciate faster response since this is breaking the flow.

You can fix it by looking at ShoppingCartServices.loadCartFromOrder
method to see how a configurable product is read from an order and added
to cart.

Bilgin