PO tracking numbers

cjhowe
Is there a way to add tracking information to a PO?  I
see it for a sales order through route segments, but
those options aren't avaiable for purchase orders.  Thanks!

Re: PO tracking numbers

David E Jones-2

I don't think a whole lot has been implemented for this yet, but the
Shipment data model is designed to be used for incoming shipments as
well as outgoing shipments. I know that the Shipment stuff has been
used for incoming shipments, in fact the whole FTC guideline based
back order notification code is based on looking at future incoming
shipments.

You _can_ create a shipment based on a PO, and if you enter an
orderId that is a PO order it will even fill in a bunch of stuff
automatically, just as with sales orders. However, there aren't any
fancier UIs for that yet, like the pick and pack interfaces for sales
orders.

-David