POS Default Language

David E Jones-2

I wouldn't call this a problem based on my opinion alone, but it is
inconsistent that the POS applications starts up with the language as
French by default for certain labels and messages, but not all...

Any ideas anyone? I guess Jacques is now the pro on this...

Re: POS Default Language

David,

It seems relate to the move to specialpurpose. I just checked, it was ok before. Surely something harcoded somewhere. I will take a
look ASAP.

Jacques

> I wouldn't call this a problem based on my opinion alone, but it is
> inconsistent that the POS applications starts up with the language as
> French by default for certain labels and messages, but not all...
>
> Any ideas anyone? I guess Jacques is now the pro on this...

Re: POS Default Language

OK,

It was because of
    String xuiProps = System.getProperty("ofbiz.home") + "/applications/pos/config/" + startupFile;
in /ofbiz/framework/guiapp/src/org/ofbiz/guiapp/xui/XuiContainer.java

This was initially introduced by Andy. Do you remember that you have warned me about that when you reviewed the i18n of POS ?
I have no time now so I changed the harcoded string (committed in revision 476517).
I will think about it later to find a better solution. I create a Jira for that to not forget :

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>
> David,
>
> It seems relate to the move to specialpurpose. I just checked, it was ok before. Surely something harcoded somewhere. I will take

> look ASAP.
>
> Jacques

Re: POS Default Language

David E Jones-2

Thanks for looking into that Jacques, that approach is fine for now
and at least fixes the problem.

Yes, that is a funny hard coding and dependency from the guiapp
component to the pos component. I guess it should be parameterized at
some point.

-David

On Nov 18, 2006, at 6:00 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> OK,
>
> It was because of
>     String xuiProps = System.getProperty("ofbiz.home") + "/
> applications/pos/config/" + startupFile;
> in /ofbiz/framework/guiapp/src/org/ofbiz/guiapp/xui/XuiContainer.java
>
> This was initially introduced by Andy. Do you remember that you
> have warned me about that when you reviewed the i18n of POS ?
> I have no time now so I changed the harcoded string (committed in
> revision 476517).
> I will think about it later to find a better solution. I create a
> Jira for that to not forget :

> From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>
>> David,
>>
>> It seems relate to the move to specialpurpose. I just checked, it
>> was ok before. Surely something harcoded somewhere. I will take
>> look ASAP.
>>
>> Jacques

Re: POS Default Language

Ray Barlow
Jacques,

Looks like the xpos.properties file also got committed with a default
language value of "XuiLabels_fr" at some point as well.

Ray