[PROPOSAL] Allow Blog Posts from Community Members on Official OFBiz Blog

[PROPOSAL] Allow Blog Posts from Community Members on Official OFBiz Blog

Sharan Foga
Hi All

Generally Michael, Jacques and I put together our monthly project blog news updates. Our official blog also tends to include information about our releases.

I've recently been sent a general blog post from Pranay, promoting OFBiz that I think would be nice to post on our blog so this is the reason behind the proposal.

I think that it could be a good thing to let the community know that if they want to publish an article about the way they use OFBiz or anything that could promote using it then it could be posted on the blog.

We could also perhaps include announcements from companies going live with an OFBiz implementation. One thing we might want to be careful about though is keeping things neutral and project focussed.

What do people think?

Thanks
Sharan

Re: [PROPOSAL] Allow Blog Posts from Community Members on Official OFBiz Blog

+1

Jacques

Le 27/02/2017 à 12:21, Sharan Foga a écrit :

> Hi All
>
> Generally Michael, Jacques and I put together our monthly project blog news updates. Our official blog also tends to include information about our releases.
>
> I've recently been sent a general blog post from Pranay, promoting OFBiz that I think would be nice to post on our blog so this is the reason behind the proposal.
>
> I think that it could be a good thing to let the community know that if they want to publish an article about the way they use OFBiz or anything that could promote using it then it could be posted on the blog.
>
> We could also perhaps include announcements from companies going live with an OFBiz implementation. One thing we might want to be careful about though is keeping things neutral and project focussed.
>
> What do people think?
>
> Thanks
> Sharan

Re: [PROPOSAL] Allow Blog Posts from Community Members on Official OFBiz Blog

Paul Foxworthy
+1

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Phone: +61 3 9585 6788
Web: http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/
Email: [hidden email]
--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/

RE: [PROPOSAL] Allow Blog Posts from Community Members on Official OFBiz Blog

swapnil
+1

Thanks,
Swapnil

Thanks
Sharan

Re: [PROPOSAL] Allow Blog Posts from Community Members on Official OFBiz Blog

taher
Hi Sharan,

You folks are doing a great job with the blog, so thank you. I would like
to make a distinction like you hinted between two categories of information:

1- News / success stories / community and project promotion
2- Advertisement / forks promotion / vendor promotion

Naturally I think we should be careful not to slip over time into the
second category.

With that being said I think it's a good idea

+1

On Feb 27, 2017 2:21 PM, "Sharan Foga" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Generally Michael, Jacques and I put together our monthly project blog
> news updates. Our official blog also tends to include information about our
> releases.
>
> I've recently been sent a general blog post from Pranay, promoting OFBiz
> that I think would be nice to post on our blog so this is the reason behind
> the proposal.
>
> I think that it could be a good thing to let the community know that if
> they want to publish an article about the way they use OFBiz or anything
> that could promote using it then it could be posted on the blog.
>
> We could also perhaps include announcements from companies going live with
> an OFBiz implementation. One thing we might want to be careful about though
> is keeping things neutral and project focussed.
>
> What do people think?
>
> Thanks
> Sharan

Re: [PROPOSAL] Allow Blog Posts from Community Members on Official OFBiz Blog

Julien NICOLAS
+1

On 28/02/2017 04:23, Taher Alkhateeb wrote:

> Hi Sharan,
>
> You folks are doing a great job with the blog, so thank you. I would like
> to make a distinction like you hinted between two categories of information:
>
> 1- News / success stories / community and project promotion
> 2- Advertisement / forks promotion / vendor promotion
>
> Naturally I think we should be careful not to slip over time into the
> second category.
>
> With that being said I think it's a good idea
>
> +1
>
> On Feb 27, 2017 2:21 PM, "Sharan Foga" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> Generally Michael, Jacques and I put together our monthly project blog
>> news updates. Our official blog also tends to include information about our
>> releases.
>>
>> I've recently been sent a general blog post from Pranay, promoting OFBiz
>> that I think would be nice to post on our blog so this is the reason behind
>> the proposal.
>>
>> I think that it could be a good thing to let the community know that if
>> they want to publish an article about the way they use OFBiz or anything
>> that could promote using it then it could be posted on the blog.
>>
>> We could also perhaps include announcements from companies going live with
>> an OFBiz implementation. One thing we might want to be careful about though
>> is keeping things neutral and project focussed.
>>
>> What do people think?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sharan

Re: [PROPOSAL] Allow Blog Posts from Community Members on Official OFBiz Blog

Sharan Foga
Hi Everyone

Thank you all very much for the feedback and support.

I completely agree with the distinction Taher made regarding the focus on  news / success stories / project and community promotion and announcements  rather than vendor promotion / forks / advertisements.

So for the next steps I will

- publish the article  I have from Pranay
- take a look at  our social media guidelines  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Guidelines+for+Use+of+Social+Media
and update them based on this proposal (I can draft a proposed process for people to submit their content, whether it is directly to me or one of the other blog admins or by some other method)
- send out a communication to the user list announcing the change

Thanks
Sharan