Pagination

NV

Pagination

NV
How to do pagination in FTL?

RE: Pagination

Amit Shinde
NV,
        The easiest way to have pagination is by using forms. If you dont use
forms, then you will need to implement your own custom way by displaying a
certain set of records which can be set in the context from the beanshell.

        We use forms for displaying our grids. Below is an example on how you can
define your form. Make sure the "paginate-target" points to the screen being
displayed. After that, you need to set "viewIndex" and "viewSize" fields in
the Screen. "viewSize" field tells how many records need to be displayed (in
this case, 20 records will be displayed).

Example of Form with pagination ability -

<form type="list" name="products" list-name="productList"
default-title-style="tableheadtext" default-tooltip-style="tabletext"
                default-widget-style="table" paginate-target="MyScreen">

                <field name="productName" title="Description"
header-link="ListProducts?orderByField=productName">
                        <hyperlink  description="${productName}"
target="EditProduct?productId=${productId}"/>
                </field>
</form>

Set these in the screen (in this case the screen will be MyScreen)-

<set field="viewIndex" from-field="parameters.VIEW_INDEX" type="Integer"/>
<set field="viewSize" from-field="parameters.VIEW_SIZE" type="Integer"
default-value="20"/>

        Let us know how it goes.

Amit Shinde

Re: Pagination

Leon Torres-2
Also check the form widget cookbook for more details,
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/tutorials.php

If you want to see a very heavy use of pagination, including multiple paginated
lists per page, check the CRMSFA application.

- Leon