Party Information

Brendan Vogt
Hi there,

Is there any document-specific information about the party section?  What I
mean is I need to know what type of party is used for what?  And maybe an
explanation for all the input fields.  I don't know when I party is a person
or an employee?  Every one that works for me is going to use the system, so
is he/she a person or an employee.

If there is anything like this please let me know.  I am trying to learn as
much as possible about the OFBiz system but by bit.

Thanks

Brendan

Re: Party Information

sqlien
Employee in ofbiz is a Person with role "EMPLOYE"

https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/viewroles?partyId=admin

Brendan Vogt wrote
Hi there,

Is there any document-specific information about the party section?  What I
mean is I need to know what type of party is used for what?  And maybe an
explanation for all the input fields.  I don't know when I party is a person
or an employee?  Every one that works for me is going to use the system, so
is he/she a person or an employee.

If there is anything like this please let me know.  I am trying to learn as
much as possible about the OFBiz system but by bit.

Thanks

Brendan

Re: Party Information

Mridul Pathak-2
 Hi Brendan,
    We can create Party for any person or group.  A person is for a single
person and a Group is for any organization or a departments in an
organization.  We can assign roles (more than one) to each person according
to the roles they play in a organization (like employee, customer, vendor
etc.).  We can also create PartyRelationships to represent the relation
between different persons, groups and person to group.  We can also upload
Contents for a Party(person).  We can create UserLogin for each person and
associate it to a SecurityGroup to give him required access permissions to
the System.
    There are many more functions available for a Party that can be used
according to individual's purpose.

--
Thanks & Regards
Mridul Pathak