Party Relationship vs Party Classification

Party Relationship vs Party Classification

John Martin
Hi,

I'm trying to understand the differences between Classifications and
Relationships and to get more information of a Party Classification.

We have a need to associate individuals with organizations in an
Agent/Merchant role.  The agents can act on behalf of the merchant to
add product, view sales, etc.  We intend to have hundreds of agents,
each whom can have unlimited Merchants.

I believe that the Party Relationship is the way to go.  Before
committing to that implementation, I wanted to get a better
understanding of purpose/use of the Party Classification.  Can someone
point me anything?

Thanks,

John

Re: Party Relationship vs Party Classification

David E Jones-2

Yeah, the PartyRelationship is most likely the best way to go.

To get a better idea of the PartyClassification meanings, check out
the PartyTypeData.xml file, namely the PartyClassificationType records.

-David