PayPal API Integration

John Martin
Back in Sept there were a few messages from someone whom stated that
they were in the process of implementing the PayPal payment API.  I'm
curious if this enhancement is nearing completion?

I am going to need this payment service ASAP and would rather not need
to code it if possible...

Thanks,

John

Re: PayPal API Integration

BJ Freeman
There are a couple of PayPal API. I believe the one that is in the code
is IPN.

John Martin sent the following on 10/19/2006 4:23 PM:

> Back in Sept there were a few messages from someone whom stated that
> they were in the process of implementing the PayPal payment API.  I'm
> curious if this enhancement is nearing completion?
>
> I am going to need this payment service ASAP and would rather not need
> to code it if possible...
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Re: PayPal API Integration

John Martin
I am referring to their payment service similar to PayFlow or
Authorize.Net.  I was already aware that the PayPal x-cart / IPN
solution is in ofBiz.

On 10/19/06, John Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Back in Sept there were a few messages from someone whom stated that
> they were in the process of implementing the PayPal payment API.  I'm
> curious if this enhancement is nearing completion?
>
> I am going to need this payment service ASAP and would rather not need
> to code it if possible...
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Re: PayPal API Integration

David E Jones-2

There is pretty good support in OFBiz for PayFlow Pro. This dates
back to before PayPal acquired it, but it still works fine and
various groups are using it.

-David

On Oct 19, 2006, at 7:06 PM, John Martin wrote:

> I am referring to their payment service similar to PayFlow or
> Authorize.Net.  I was already aware that the PayPal x-cart / IPN
> solution is in ofBiz.
>
> On 10/19/06, John Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Back in Sept there were a few messages from someone whom stated that
>> they were in the process of implementing the PayPal payment API.  I'm
>> curious if this enhancement is nearing completion?
>>
>> I am going to need this payment service ASAP and would rather not
>> need
>> to code it if possible...
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John

Re: PayPal API Integration

John Martin
Hi David,

From what I have been told, there are financial reasons why our
company wants to use the PayPal API instead of the PayFlow Pro
service.  I am familiar with both and am aware of all of the various
payment service integrations that ofBiz supports.

I am looking for the PayPal API specifically and was hoping that there
was some progress being made.  Someone posted in Sept that they were
starting to work on it but I haven't heard anything since and have
emailed them directly.

Regards,

John