Payment Methods setup

Claude Feistel
I am missing something about Payment Methods setup, but here is what I am
seeing so far:

In sections as follows,

Catalog - Stores - Payments - I have entries in the table specifying three
Payment Method Types for the store.

Financials - Configuration - Shortcuts - Payment Methods - nothing is listed
in this table (yet).  I see no way to enter new data here.

Party -- Internal Organization entry - Profile - Payment Method Info -
nothing is listed in this section.  I see no way to enter anything except a
new credit card, or a new EFT, but nothing about the payment methods in
general.

There must be something else to setup for Payment Methods.  Any tips on what
I have missed?

Claude

Re: Payment Methods setup

Si Chen-2
Claude,

Credit card, EFT accounts are types of Payment Methods.  You would
create your Payment methods in Party Manager's view profile page and
then use the Financials module to associate them with GL accounts.

The Catalog manager's payment methods I think is used to configure
what kind of payment methods you can accept from customers on certain
products--ie, you can only pay with Cash for this item.  It is
unrelated.

Si